SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
The SCC Finance team is embarking on a period of transformation to provide greater commercial finance support to the Executive Board. This is a newly created role as part of a new team dedicated to this purpose. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance and with close links to the CFO, the candidate must be prepared to engage at the most senior levels of the organisation, including partnering directly with the Chief Operations Officer and related functions.
The role will be responsible for delivering financial recommendations that enable the business to deliver cost reductions as well as growth in sales, profitability and cashflow through business case development. This new team is seen as critical for the future growth of the organisation.
Working closely with the Management Accounting and FP&A teams, the Commercial Finance Business Partner for Operations will have access to financial information and will be expected to translate this into insightful recommendations. The role will also include the preparation of business cases, financial modelling of proposed operational changes and require a full ownership and analysis of operating costs across the business.
Main Duties of Job:
- Support the CFO to deliver commercial finance insight and recommendations
- Business Partner Executive members to help guide decision making within the organisation.
- Business partner the Operations delivery teams (including Field engineering, Warehousing and Logistics, Service delivery)
- Support business case development, including leadership of the associated financial modelling. Ensure that the modelled growth or savings are tracked.
- Drive improved understanding of profitability
- Work closely with the CFO, UK finance team and operational teams to understand performance and provide insightful analysis
- Develop an in depth understanding of the operating cost base across the organisation. Work with relevant Executives to understand their cost base and the value that it delivers to the organisation, Identify areas for both investment and efficiencies.
- Understand the customer journey and identify target areas for growth
- Deliver improvements to management information
Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with significant relevant experience
- Experience working in a large, complex organisation
- Quality orientation – Attention to detail. Shows awareness of goals and standards. Shows commitment to deliver high quality professional outputs.
- Driving commercial change that has led to enhanced profitability of the business
- Experience working within a central cost environment
- Experience of influencing senior management within an organisation
- Influencer that can support day to day operations and shape the strategy and direction of the business
- Confident communication style
- Strong at building and developing relationships within all levels within an organisation
- Managing multiple key stakeholders and Executive members
- Hands-on approach to providing insight and analysis to support decision making
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.