SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Bid Manager at our offices in Birmingham.
Overall Job Purpose
Help to improve the sales win rate by increasing value provided within the bid and sales cycle. Represent customer value propositions in an engaging and absorbing way. Bid Management in both Public and Private sectors. Able to work on multiple opportunities at the same time.
Working with the sales and stakeholder team to prepare winning bids, taking ownership of the end to end bid process, initiating and running team sessions and publishing a responsibility matrix.
- Being an integral member of the bid team taking input and building relationships with a variety of stakeholders typically comprising sales, marketing, product teams, finance, legal, commercial, delivery, vendors and third party subcontractors.
- Work with core teams to drive and deliver win themes and build a bid strategy. Help to determine the appropriate approach, including budget, requirements analysis and solution design. Where appropriate and possible, having direct contact with the customer.
- Be involved with and provide support to sales throughout the customer engagement process including qualification and requalification of the bid.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer, ensuring the timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Adherence to proposal and ORB processes, risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Understanding and resolving complex technical, strategic and business issues, managing multi-work stream opportunities.
- Proactively escalate issues to the management team when required and in good time with a suggested course of action where possible.
- Support Sales with Bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery/transition adhering to internal governance procedures, reviews and legal constraints.
- Proactively identify areas of weakness in the bid cycle and / or bid production of documentation and responses, feedback ideas to management.
- Helping with continual improvement of bid content by regular harvesting of text from bids completed, the text to be re-circulated into the central repository for others to benefit from.
- Sharing best practice, lessons learnt and improvement ideas with the team, provide input to style guides and templates that benefit the team as a whole.
- Ensure all completed bids are placed in the central repository used by the team for easy access by others.
- Ensure timeline changes on allocated bids are communicated to the Manager to enable team workload reviews.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, rewriting content from contributors where necessary.
- Capability to deliver winning, product and/or complex services bid submissions, proactively identifying areas of improvement, including gap analysis and identification of weak responses.
- Contributing to the written proposal and presentation material – both in terms of content and presentation e.g. preparation of a management summary.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.