About Oworx Public Cloud
SCC recognise that many organisations across multiple sectors need the power of Public Cloud to realise their full potential. Many businesses either lack the capacity or capability to successfully architect, deploy, and manage cloud infrastructure, or would prefer to focus on their core business rather than invest in training and maintaining the internal talent required to benefit from automation and cloud tooling. To tackle these challenges SCC launched its “born in the cloud” brand Oworx. Technology changes are hard to predict even when certain evolutions look certain. What’s more predictable is our team, a group of passionate individuals who are adaptable to change, with an innate love for the leading edge. The quality that will always prevail is our people.
At Oworx, every day is a fresh challenge. We live and breathe cloud technology, nurturing the industry’s leading talent so we can offer the highest level of specialist expertise. Our culture is what binds us; everyone can contribute; everyone’s voice matters. At Oworx, enjoying what we do is a serious business.
SCC has just launched a new “born in the cloud” brand called Oworx, our initial focus on Migrations and IaaS across Azure, AWS and GCP platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the core Product technical design team who are architecting, deploying and maintaining all of our customer facing tooling, as well as identifying and implementing automation for our support and deployment functions. You will work in a small progressive “startup” team, challenging yourself and your colleagues technically to drive the success of our Oworx Products. This will be especially exciting for experts experienced in design and implementation of Azure infrastructure.
The perfect candidate
• Passion for cloud technologies with a willingness to learn
• You work best in an environment of rapid change
• Open Minded, Positive, Creative, and Collaborative approach to technical problem solving
• Strong technical background in Azure
• Start-up mentality
• Automation and process improvement – identify and solve
• Technical achiever with strong team working skills
• You have experience with 3rd party cloud tools e.g. cloudhealth Duties and Responsibilities
• Creation and maintenance of full suite of Azure Terraform modules
• Design of customer facing and internal tooling to manage and automate cloud infrastructure
• Run tooling design workshops with offshore developers to move designs through development cycle and into production
• Enable the offshore build and support of customer solutions, leveraging automation and delivery mechanisms for efficiency and scalability
• Enable offshore teams to provide transition support for Azure Cloud environments
• Azure platform changes of high complexity
• Troubleshooting issues of the highest complexity
• Drive strong customer satisfaction (NPS) through Exceptional Support
• Effective prioritisation of workload
• Support the success and development of others in the team
• A strong background in Azure and/or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills: Compute and Networking Storage and Content Delivery Database Administration and Security Deployment and Management Application Services Analytics Mobile Services
• Working knowledge of Azure Products & Services, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc
• Excellent working knowledge of the Windows or Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu) or strong Networking skills. PowerShell / Shell scripting, experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance.
• Intermediate understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing
• Good understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
• Working knowledge of Terraform
• Associate Cloud Architect Azure certification – Minimum
Great to have
• Good understanding of one or more programming languages
• Good understanding of DevOps practices and methods – Agile & Lean Development, CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Automation etc.
• Knowledge of hybrid Cloud technologies.
• Experience with Cloud formation and Sceptre