About SCC Partner Cloud
SCC recognise that many organisations across multiple sectors need the power of Azure to realise their full potential. Many businesses either lack the capacity or capability to successfully architect, deploy, and manage cloud infrastructure, or would prefer to focus on their core business rather than invest in training and maintaining the internal talent required to benefit from automation and cloud tooling.
SCC is forming a new partner cloud practice with an initial focus on Azure and AWS platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the tiger team who will be architecting, deploying and maintaining our support and deployment methods, tooling and automation for our new partner cloud practice. You will work in a small progressive “startup” team, challenging yourself and your colleagues technically to accelerate the launch our partner cloud offering. This will be especially exciting for experts in design and implementation of Azure infrastructure.
The perfect candidate
|· Passion for cloud technologies with a willingness to learn||· Technical achiever with strong team working skills|
|· Positive, Creative, and Collaborative approach to problem solving||· Strong background in Azure|
|· Start-up mentality||· Automation and process improvement – identify and solve|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation and maintenance of full suite of Azure Terraform modules
- Design of customer facing and internal tooling to manage and automate cloud infrastructure
- Run tooling design workshops with offshore developers to move designs through development cycle and into production
- Enable the offshore build and support of customer solutions, leveraging automation and delivery mechanisms for efficiency and scalability
- Enable offshore teams to provide transition support for Azure Cloud environments
- Azure platform changes of high complexity
- Troubleshooting issues of the highest complexity
- Drive strong customer satisfaction (NPS) through Exceptional Support
- Effective prioritisation of workload
- Support the success and development of others in the team
- A strong background in Azure and/or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills:
Compute and Networking
Storage and Content Delivery
Administration and Security
Deployment and Management
- Working knowledge of Azure Products & Services, Relational and Azure Cosmos DB Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Windows or Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu) or strong Networking skills. PowerShell / Shell scripting, experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance.
- Intermediate understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing
- Good understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
- Working knowledge of Terraform
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator:
AZ-100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment
AZ-101 Microsoft Azure Integration and Security
Great to have
- Good understanding of one or more programming languages
- Good understanding of DevOps practices and methods – Agile & Lean Development, CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Automation etc.
- Knowledge of hybrid Cloud technologies.
- Experience with Cloud formation and Sceptre