AVSNET is the dedicated Audio Visual division of SCC – Specialist Computer Centres , the leading IT Services organisation in Europe .
We continue to expand creating a real career opportunity for a talented AV Engineer to join our growing company .
You will ideally be CTS qualified and have at least 3 years of support and configuration experience as an Audio-Visual, Network Support Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of audio visual and control technologies like Creston, AMX & Extron.
Responsible for undertaking Preventative Maintenance visits, Ad hoc call outs, diagnosing faults, removal/repair/test and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies, upgrades of software.
- Customer communication and problem resolution
- Documentation and ticketing system updates
- Develop technical expertise across the complete range of AV and control solutions on offer
- Work closely with internal teams and external clients to provide support for AV & Control Equipment
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience supporting AV and control technologies
- Strong hands on experience with Crestron, AMX and Extron configuration and basic programming
- Strong hands on experience with audio controllers: Polycom Soundstructures, Biamp, ClearOne
- Good knowledge on network protocols and architecture
- Good knowledge on video distribution systems including HDBaseT, video and audio routing/switching systems and other technologies
- Good knowledge on microphones, audio conference systems, digital and analogue mixing desks
- Understanding digital signage products and Exterity IPTV
- Core understanding of Crestron, Kramer, AMX, Smart and Extron products and troubleshooting
- Experience of working within ITIL-based support environment
Organised, flexible, helpful, driven and a self-motivator. You must be able to think on your feet, use your own initiative, be a problem solver, strong in your convictions – deliver what you say you will do, on time.
To excel you will need to have a drive for excellence in everything you do, knowing you have set the bench mark in standards and that this will ensure success in our solution delivery.
You must appreciate the customer experience avsnet wants to provide, while also understanding that our engineers are our face to the customer.
You will be provided with leadership and support to enable you to flourish, where your expertise is listened to, and your ideas tabled at every opportunity.
You will also be provided with a training plan that will be developed over time with this training being scheduled accordingly.
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.