ASSET ADMINISTRATOR -Part Time
Overall Job Purpose
The role of Asset Management team is to control the updating of all new, amended or deleted entries on the Clients Asset Database. The Asset Administrator is responsible for updating, within agreed Service Levels, changes to the Asset Database and the production of reports.
The role will be on the client’s site covering core hours of 09.00 to 17.30, Monday to Wednesday.
Role and Responsibilities
• User communication
• Creates/maintains support process documentation, report information, and metrics.
• Maintain Asset Database.
• Provides a point of reference and source of guidance for other users of the business/functional process. Ensures the timely distribution of information.
• Ensures asset information is accurately maintained.
• Completes data entry and analysis and follows up required actions with the client. Adheres to agreed Service Request Management methodologies and best practices.
• Interface with Service Request and disposal teams to ensure licence recovery
• Updates asset db with changes through incident or SR resolution
• Generates asset reports
• Analysis of hardware and software assets to ensure maximum utilisation
• Support daily operational review(s) as required. • Contributes to the Service Improvement programs.
• Identify, investigate and recommend changes in the delivery of services, aimed at reducing cost and improving the quality of service provision to the customer.
• Plan and direct own activities with minimal management supervision.
• Be prepared to work out of hours when required to do so.
• Ensure that all reports are accurate and submitted consistently within set time frames.
• Cover Stores functions eg: Goods receipt & validations, stock issues & general management during holidays and sickness.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
• 3 years experience working in IT.
• A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills. • The ability to make a significant contribution to the development and improvement of services and to the overall IT Request operation.
• Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
• Ability to drive results within tight timeframes. Must be able to deliver results and negotiate changes while working with a cross functional team.
• Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
• PC skills (incl. MS Office family, Bespoke applications etc)
• Advanced Excel (knowledge of V-lookups, Pivot tables right & left functions VB & Macros would be an advantage).
• MS Access
• Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines by applying specific project management techniques.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
• Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills.
• Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
• Ability to work un-managed towards individual and team objectives associated with the role