We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres , Europe’s leading IT services company .
We provide IT support , break / fix repair services to commercial organisations and public sector bodies throughout the UK.
We are continuing to expand and now have an exciting career opportunity for a talented individual to join our engineering services division as a field based IT Support Engineer .
The role will cover the East Midlands .
Duties will include :
* Repair and maintain hardware (Servers, PC’s, Laptops, Printers, associated peripherals and retail Point of Sale equipment ).
* Complete software incidents to customer/manufacturer procedures and specifications.
* Installation of hardware to manufacturers/customers specification. Complete moves and changes to customer specifications.
* Use PDA to check and update allocated calls in a timely manner to achieve required service level agreements and reflect actual work done in real time.
* Communicate with Call Administration and the Branch throughout the day.
* Complete part movements in a timely manner, returning items as directed by the Branch.
* Achieve targets to include but not conclusive 1st time fix (85%), 5 closures each day, productivity.
To be successful in the role you will have
* Full driving licence
* Good customer service skills
* The ability to carry out some lifting [within health and safety parameters]
* Experience gained in an IT break/fix engineering role
* Comptia A or equivalent accreditation
* Experience in repair of laptops , printers, Epos and peripherals
* Server repair would be advantageous
* Good customer facing skills