Job Type: Permanent
Categories: IT Jobs
Job ID: 130305
The application test manager is responsible for building up and leading the Testing team to ensure high quality across the SCC Application landscape.
- Working with the project manager, define the test strategy for a solution implementation, with an agreed test and defect management process, ensuring the test strategy is appropriate to the solution and client
- Owning the QA/Test Strategy: Definition of Test Delivery Strategies, ensuring key milestones are achieved, quality standards are achieved, risks are identified, communicated & mitigated
- Define & own Test Processes which are used for all Planning, Execution & Implementation processes
- Ensuring all areas & types of Testing are performed, ranging from SIT, Integration, UAT, Performance, etc
- Continuous monitoring & improvement of all supported processes
- Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders, at all business levels, including senior management, client and supplier level
- Direct, Guide & Train others in Testing Strategy, Plans, Processes & Execution
- Working with 3rd Party Implementation partners to ensure Testing is done to the required standard
- To collaborate with 3rd parties to challenge existing ways of working and develop innovative solutions to improve time to deploy any individual release
- To plan, monitor and manage test approach (SIT, UAT, regression and all other test activities) to track and monitor health of build and level of defects
- To evaluate risks and issues while also feeding back to Programme governance on potential challenges to timelines associated with release plans across environments
- Experienced in Reviewing, Trialling & Implementing Testing tools and processes
- Establish & Implement the lifecycle model for the delivery of all Rollouts, System Changes & Upgrades
- Oversee the implementation of test automation for specific Projects / Releases.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a digestible form (to both Business & Technical teams)
- The ability to work effectively with offshore teams (covering different cultures & jurisdictions). Providing leadership and guidance whilst demonstrating an appreciation of the challenges for remote teams.
- Develop Quality, Strategy, Processes and Templates to enable an enduring capability to validate the quality of Rollouts & Releases
- Report Programme level test status, ensuring that test progress at all stages is timely, accurate and relevant
- Identifying process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance test maturity.
Experience and behaviours
- Experience and/or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Expert understanding of system integration and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced software development principles theories programming languages concepts and techniques.
- Strong experience working in an Agile or DevOps environment.
- Able to co-ordinate different phases of testing, including System Testing, UAT and Business Acceptance Testing.
- Previous experience mentoring other members of a team.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to apply a risk-based approach to test coverage and test activities.
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and related best practices.
- Regression Testing & Automation – Knowledge and experience of automated test frameworks and automated testing. Applying automation to create an efficient Regression Test approach.
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers and remotely located test teams.
- Co-ordinating testers across multiple physical locations.
- Experience of using a range of test framework tools
- Experienced in building test teams for projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Experience of testing in ServiceNow and /or Microsoft Dynamics AX