Specialist Computer Centre’s – SCC is Europe’s largest independently owned IT services group. We have been established for over 40 years, have over 5,000 employees within Europe and a turnover in excess of £3 billion. We deliver innovative, business critical and cost reducing IT solutions to both private and public sector organisations.We now have an exciting opportunity for a strong Administrator to join us in our small HR team at our European Headquarters in Birmingham.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator to work within a small busy HR team. This role will offer you fantastic exposure to a work in a dynamic, fast pace environment.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide an effective and efficient administration support to the HR team. You will be enthusiastic, driven and willing to get involved. Sharing ideas is at the heart of what we do and we encourage all team members to drive continuous improvement.
This is a varied role, so your flexibility, prioritisation and professional approach will be a key requirement.
Main Duties of Job:
- You will be the first point of contact for our managers and employees who are seeking HR Advice via email, telephone and face to face. You’ll need to be able to listen and understand their queries in order to question and investigate to give the best advice possible.
- General administration duties and processing activities covering the entire employee life cycle (starters, leavers, changes to terms and conditions, probation reviews, maternity/paternity) to a high standard ensuring that service level agreements are met and constantly exceeded.
- Liaising with the Payroll Team on a weekly basis, including at payroll cut off.
- Process Company benefits schemes, including BHSF and Life Assurance.
- Maintaining the data in our HR systems to ensure it reflects the current status of employees.
- Produce employee correspondence as required, ensuring timely communication of any effects on pay.
- To drive continuous improvement – constantly looking for opportunities and better ways of doing things.
- To support the HR Management Team and taking minutes with Employee Relations issues such as investigations, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Working collaboratively with internal departments, including payroll, fleet, IT etc.
- To undertake any adhoc project work as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A clear desire to build a career in HR
- A minimum of two years operational administration experience, supporting managers in all aspects
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer mind set
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change
- Taking ownership of queries to ensure they are managed through to resolution
- Comfortable to challenge processes or practices to enable a better colleague experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
This is a Full Time role (37.5 hours per week)
Our Working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm (1 hour Lunch)
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.