SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe .
Together with our UK operation we have significant operations in France , Spain and Romania and , in order to help strengthen all technical and compliance aspects of the finance operating model across the SCC EMEA Group , we now have a new senior position or an Accounting and Compliance Manager to join us at our European Headquarters in Birmingham .
Overall Job Purpose:
A senior role reporting to the Financial Controller to help strengthen all technical and compliance aspects of the finance operating model across the SCC EMEA Group. This role will develop, monitor and improve the accounting processes and controls across the group
The role will lead project related activities to improve the Accounting and Risk Assurance activities within the business and execute additional investigation work in the businesses as required to ensure compliance with company accounting policies and procedures.
Corporate Governance and Financial Control
- To introduce best practise for documentation of accounting processes and controls across the group.
- Creation and maintenance of a Risk Control Framework and risk assurance map
- To provide technical expertise on financial accounting matters to support group companies
- Maintenance of SCC EMEA Group Accounting manual
- Undertake review of financial controls to ensure these are adhered to across the groups finance operations
- Monitor compliance requirements across all divisions within the EMEA group creating compliance guidance and enhancing reporting requirements to improve transparency around all areas of compliance activity.
- Undertake review of balance sheet control accounts and balance sheet reporting optimising the recently installed Blackline applications
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Identify areas of continuous improvement to drive best practise deliver efficiency savings and enhance overall effectiveness of finance across all SCC EMEA Finance operations
- Undertaking detailed financial investigations at the request of the senior finance team and in support of local finance teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified accountant (preferable ACA) with strong technical skills appropriate to an acquisitive group
- Excellent communication & reporting skills
- Experience of controls in large corporate environments and knowledge of key end to end finance processes
- Previous exposure to accounting within a multi-currency environment would be helpful
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, Office and experience of Cognos applications would be helpful
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Hands-on approach in analysing issues and identifying root cause of any issues with enthusiasm and a strong work ethic;
- Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information;
- Quality orientation – Attention to detail. Shows awareness of goals and standards. Shows commitment to deliver high quality professional outputs;
- Commercial outlook with a demonstrable approach to adding value to the business;
- Flexibility – Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions;
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Working hours will be a 37.5 hour week with standard hours from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, one hour for lunch
- Package will consist of basic salary, pension, personal health care and car or car allowance.
- 23 days annual leave.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.