Overall Job Purpose:
To maintain, develop and increase ongoing revenues and margin contribution from named accounts or a specified sector/territory through pro-active sales of the full range of SCC products & services.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Increasing the scope of products and services being taken by the named SCC customers on a month by month basis – Client Technology, Enterprise Technology, Networking and Security, Flexible Resource, Managed Print, Refurbishment and Disposal, Supply Chain Services, Software, Professional Services, Engineering/Installation Services, Maintenance and Break fix Services
- Selling wrap around services pertinent to the hardware that has been sold
- To develop sticky customers – customers that repeatedly buy and see a value in SCC
- To ensure that Turnover and spend levels do not fall below specified thresholds within the named accounts.
- To ultimately take the traded accounts into the key accounts category
- Proactive account management and quality of service to ensure retention of accounts.
- To be responsible for white space analysis in assigned accounts
- Ownership of end-to-end process around delivery of products & services.
- Introduction of the SCC ‘Sales Specialist’ into the named customers and the close management of all internal functions relevant to the opportunities generated.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge around the products and services offered by SCC.
- Increasing Technical awareness of SCC portfolio of Technology and Services
- Management of the vendor bids and rebates relevant to the account
- Build and Develop the customer relationship relevant to the products and services within the account
- Planned call out campaigns to execute on planned accounts plans
- To develop and maintain a working relationship with the relevant Vendor/Manufacturer Account Managers pertinent to the account
- The Provision of quotations
- Ownership of problem resolution and or escalation.
- Liaison with internal departments to facilitate the above whilst monitoring and managing any specified S.L.A.’s.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction through professional engagement at all times and at all levels within the customer.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge of the general I.T. marketplace and the specific marketplace within which the named customer operates.
- Providing consistent weekly forecasts and Pipeline documents
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all SCC internal systems.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of all activities and pipeline with regard to the named customers including (but not limited to) completion of customer records on MySCC sales tool.
The Account Development Executive will be allocated both a Margin goal for the SCC financial year. This will be the key measure of success. However SCC is committed to continual improvement and therefore carries out regular Development Planning sessions with each individual. Further objectives for personal development will be outlined in this forum.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
The Account Development Exec should be I.T. literate with demonstrable experience of successful selling within the I.T. industry.
They should be disciplined, well organized in all work undertaken. Capable of acting on own initiative and taking responsibility for actions. Good administration skills and attention to detail.
Working well as part of a team with good interpersonal skills
A professional demeanor and commitment to customer satisfaction is also desirable.