SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer at our customer site in Stevenage.
Overall Job Purpose
To assist the delivery of IT Services to the end client through supply of contracted services and value add. Deliver an effective and efficient customer focused service to all staff for SCC clients, meeting service level agreements and customer expectations.
To provide 3rd Line technical support to the hardware and software of the desktop environment, including SCCM, Group Policy, and deployed applications.
To keep up to date with advances in hardware and software technologies, and advise accordingly
- Incident Management of major incidents
- Document all technical solutions within the Service Desk knowledge base
- Provide technical support and training to 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Analysts
- Testing and documentation of new hardware
- Writing of user documentation to support the front office hardware and software infrastructure
- Investigation into new product and solutions including recommendations
- Providing support to packaging and imaging teams
- Liaising with suppliers in the correction of faults and the implementation of software and hardware fixes and upgrades
- Creating Group Policies and administering existing ones
- Analyse, manage, and deploy Microsoft patches to the desktop environment
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Group Policy administration
- Extensive experience of working in a desktop support environment
- ITIL awareness
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.