Overall Job Purpose:
The role of 2nd Line Service Desk analyst is required for the 2nd line call resolution following agreed scripts and working procedures. The role will also include co-ordination with the users and other resolve teams, to establish corrective actions and if required to arrange visits to the users by the other resolver teams.
The role will also require the individuals to keep up to date with changes to the customer’s technical environment, via the use of tools and knowledge base information.
The analyst will be required to ensure the required information is recorded on all calls and establish which resolver group the call should then be handed over to if first contact resolution cannot be achieved.
The role will require split shift cover between 07.00 and 19.00 Monday to Friday.
Provides coordination, support and delivery of a variety of services such as Video Conference support, User Admin and other project activities, including clerical, administrative and technical, to ensure we achieve our Service Level commitments.
Demonstrates specific knowledge relevant to the assignment and delivers services in line with established operational agreements/expectations. Provides guidance on the use of support processes and procedures and promotes their efficient and effective use. Monitors systems and documentation for compliance and accuracy. Supervises temporary help.
• Receive and log incidents from MBDA Users
• Diagnose incident
• Attempt 1st time fix or identify the resolver in order to meet the set SLA’s
• Dispatch to support team
• Update incident log
• User communication
• Validate resolution
• Monitor despatched incidents against SLA and initiate escalation process if appropriate
• Installation of software / mass deployments
• Support 1st line agents
• Training of new Service Desk agents
• Owning incidents through to completion.
• Conduct early morning checks to identify any potential service incidents, i.e. network and room availability. Raise appropriate records to resolve any found incidents.
• Contributes to SLA attainment across all services
• Liaison, by phone and email regarding multi-way bookings in accordance with agreed policies.
• Facilitate ad-hoc/emergency Video Conference requests where participants have requested in advance or are experiencing difficulty connecting, including external companies.
• Provide a point of reference service for booking and operational procedures
• Process Video Conference Facility requests in accordance with defined procedures, including booking confirmation procedures.
• Provide day-to-day Video Conference session support, including programming call and call monitoring, assist in testing links to authorised external companies, monitor usage and availability of equipment in rooms. Liaison with the French/Italian MCU operators where required.
• Creation of user accounts across different networks
• Closure / deletion of user accounts
• Creation / activation of email accounts
• Monitor and resolve tickets
• Granting permissions to user accounts using Active Directory
• Accurate reporting
• Monitor and action User Admin mailbox
• Experience of working within a Service Desk Environment
• Knowledge of ITIL aligned service management tools
• 2nd Line technical support skills
• Good communication skills.
• Good telephone manner
• Knowledge of HP Service Manager or Asset Manager would be beneficial
• Knowledge of Active Directory
• Knowledge of SCCM
• 3 years’ experience working in IT.
• A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
• Ability to drive results within tight timeframes. Must be able to deliver results and negotiate changes
• Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
• PC skills (incl. MS Office family, Bespoke applications etc)
• Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines by applying specific project management techniques.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
• Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills.
• Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
• Ability to work un-managed towards individual and team objectives associated with the role.
• High level of time management