Overall Job Purpose:
The 1st Line Service Desk Analyst is responsible for supporting the client’s internal users on their desktop environment.
The role of 1st Line Service Desk analyst is first line call handling, by taking calls from the clients internal users, following agreed scripts to effect a first call fix, where applicable, and logging the call information on the Service Desk online Management tool. When a 1st line fix cannot be achieved you will be responsible for passing the ticket to the relevant support team in order to resolve the incident.
The role will require all successful candidates to obtain Security Clearance, as access and movement around the customer site will require this as a minimum.
The role will require split shift cover between 07.00 and 19.00 Monday to Friday.
Provides coordination for a variety of Video Conference support and project activities, including clerical, administrative and technical, to ensure we achieve our Service Level commitments. Demonstrates specific knowledge, relevant to the assignment and delivers services in line with established operational agreements/expectations. Provides guidance on the use of support processes and procedures and promotes their efficient and effective use. Monitors systems and documentation for compliance and accuracy.
- Receive and log incidents from MBDA Users
- Diagnose incident
- Attempt 1st time fix or identify the resolver in order to meet the set SLA’s
- Dispatch to support team
- Update incident log
- User communication
- Validate resolution
- Monitor despatched incidents against SLA and initiate escalation process if appropriate
- Owning and seeing the incident through to the end.
- Conduct early morning checks to identify any potential service incidents, i.e. network and room availability. Raise appropriate records to resolve any found incidents.
- Check Systems to monitor usage of network and IWAN capacity whilst Video Conference sessions are in operation and make adjustments accordingly.
- Liaison, by phone and email regarding multi-way bookings in accordance with agreed policies.
- Facilitate ad-hoc/emergency Video Conference requests where participants have requested in advance or are experiencing difficulty connecting, including external companies.
- Provide a point of reference service for booking and operational procedures
- Process Video Conference Facility requests in accordance with defined procedures, including booking confirmation procedures.
- Provide day-to-day Video Conference session support, including programming call and call monitoring, assist in testing links to authorised external companies, monitor usage and availability of equipment in rooms. Liaison with the French/Italian MCU operators where required.
- Maintain usage logs in order to publish required reports, especially details of connection/finish times and any in call incidents.
- Liaison with the French/Italian VC operators regarding any issues that arise before or during Video Conferences
- Produce monthly bridge report and collate figures in compliance with Service Level Requirements.
- Maintain database of rooms in UK/Italy/France/Germany and companies outside of MBDA
- Try to ensure best use of Video Conference facilities is used at all times by reviewing participant levels, moving room bookings/times to accommodate other conferences and contact requestors to notify changes. Cancel bookings where necessary.
- Experience of working within a Service Desk Environment
- Knowledge of ITIL aligned service management tools
- 1st Line technical support skills
- Good communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Knowledge of HP Service Manager or Asset Manager would be beneficial
- A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
- Ability to drive results within tight timeframes. Must be able to deliver results and negotiate changes
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
- PC skills (incl. MS Office family, Bespoke applications etc)
- Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines by applying specific project management techniques.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
- Ability to work un-managed towards individual and team objectives associated with the role.