Overall Job Purpose:
Act as the single point of contact for activities for commercial and security cleared accounts, between the client customer base and SCC. To handle all IT related enquires inclusive of event management for alerts.
Main Duties of the Job:
Role and Responsibilities
Respond to server, network and web site alerts.
Take incoming customer calls (via telephone, eMail, voicemail, pager, or other automated alerts), logging call details onto call management systems and provide response escalation and resolution within SLA.
Maintain technical knowledge and expertise associated with applications specific to individual customers.
Progress/close service calls to a satisfactory conclusion on call management system.
Liaise with Team Leader / SCC Managers on specific alerts or open calls ensuring no alert or call is left unattended beyond SLA.
Proactively update customers with call status and resolution progress.
Monitor/progress all alerts / open calls in queue.
Escalate potential service issues initially to designated escalation contact.
Ensure internal and contractual SLA is maintained.
Understand comply with the particular bespoke requirements of Remote Management / Managed availability contracts.
Work on a shift system in a 24 x 7 x 365 operation.
Carry out regular admin tasks such as tape backups, server checks etc., as required by external and internal customers
Provide cover for other Analysts in their absence, either within the same team or across teams.
Produce a customer by customer monthly service report.
Maintain/Update all service operational processes & procedures.
Monitoring of SMTC Platform (IBM Tivoli)
Monitoring of Client Service (IBM Tivoli)
Management of tape services for SMTC
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within a Service Centre environment.
- Technically ability: 2 years’ experience:
- Event management experience preferably SCOM and Tivoli Management consoles.
- Management of Back up
- Remote intelligence/hands
- Windows Operating System
- Active Directory
- Desktop support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Initiative and flexibility in adapting to changing work environments.
- Strong client focus and demonstrated commitment to outstanding service delivery.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work either autonomously, co-operatively or with direction.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in work processes; ability to suggest improvements and new methods where appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A positive and proactive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to exercise judgment.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
- Commitment to quality and takes pride in work.