SCC is Europe’s largest independent IT services group. We supply computer hardware and services to medium/large sized commercial and public sector organisations, nationwide.
Due to continued expansion and new business across both new and existing customers, we are looking to recruit a Transition Manager to undertake end-to-end management of Data Centre and Managed Service projects for SCC. You will ensure the highest possible customer satisfaction from conception to effective Business As Usual operation.
The Transition Manager is responsible for the formal management of the entire implementation process for each transition project, whether that is new business or a significant contract extension. You will be required to take full responsibility for the project that delivers the total operation implementation (start-up) of all services due to be delivered by SCC.
• To deliver end to end Data Centre and Managed Service Transition projects, using industry best practice to ensure the highest possible customer satisfaction from conception to effective Business As Usual operation.
• To participate in the development of the Managed Service strategy, contributing on behalf of Solution Delivery to the evolution of Managed Service capability to meet group business plans.
• Formal management of the entire implementation process for each transition project, either a new managed service sale or significant contract extension. You will take full responsibility for the project that delivers the total operational implementation (start-up) of all services due to be delivered by SCC.
• Working within the agreed revenue and expense budget targets, you will optimise the effective use of all allocated resources and thereby ensure cost effective services to the customer and maximise profitability to SCC.
• Participation in the Continual Service Improvement of the Transition Management processes
• You will maintain a professional relationship and effective communication with all parties involved in the project, including; the SCC account team, SCC service providers, third parties, and the customer.
• Manage the service exit transition requirements of end of contract customers.
Skills and Knowledge:
• End to end Transition experience, covering full engagement from Pre-Sales to Acceptance into Service and project closure
• Strong Service Management experience
• Project Delivery within a Service management environment.
• PRINCE2 Foundation mandatory
• ISEB/PRINCE2 Practitioner desirable
• ITIL Service Management certification desirable
Project/Transition Management Experience:
• Minimum of five years’ experience delivering IT change/service transition projects
• Experience of negotiating and presenting confidently in a number of different internal and client situations
• Able to demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving
• Able to extract key information and formulate a planned method of service or project delivery
• A good understanding of IT goods and services
• Exposure to a managed services environment such as:
o Hardware Support Services
o Service Desk Services
o Data Centre Services
• A detailed understanding of TUPE and UK employment law would be advantageous