Compelling reason to apply:
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Stores Person / Technician within our ever expanding business. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work within Europe’s largest privately owned IT group.
SCC is the fastest growing division of Specialist Computer Holdings – Europe’s largest independent IT services group. We supply computer hardware and services to small/medium sized commercial organisations, nationwide.
As a company with a rich track record of delivering flexible and cost effective managed services, working with both private and public sector clients, this position is suited to an already successful consultant who wants to be part of a vibrant and progressive business.
Are you looking for … a secure and stable career with longevity, recognition and opportunity? As Europe’s leading privately owned technology solutions provider, we can offer you exactly that. Our people are passionate, focussed, driven, determined, flexible and motivated and are richly rewarded for their commitment. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then we look forward to meeting you.
To operate as a regional Stores Person / Technician in Southampton.
• Handling and booking in good parts received from suppliers and other SCC branches
• Handling and recording all good and bad stock items received from engineers and remote locations
• Checking all bad returns from engineers and remote locations for warranty purposes
• Requesting tags for warranty items
• Running picking list reports every 15 minutes and shipping parts to locations as required
• Responding to telephone requests and emails from engineers and other stores and departments including logistics, purchasing and warranty
• Creating daily manifests for all movement of good and bad stock and customer repairs for tracking purposes
• Own and manage logistics reports to include PNPU, outstanding flight kit, outstanding RMA and any other associated reports
• Review and manage local stock discrepancies
• Contact logistics for all ‘same day’ authorisations
• Keep stores associated areas tidy and free from hazards
• Be acquainted with all Risk Assessments associated with the stores persons role
• To acquaint themselves with all SCC and local Fire, Security and Health & Safety regulations
• Performing perpetual inventory tasks checks on all stock locations in line with the PI schedule, to include engineer and site locations as require and to input all data to standards required
• Cascade information and training to other stores persons
• Assist engineers in field operations to include two persons lift, collection of parts from sites (including sites without an SCC team presence)
• Same-day part deliveries
• To expend knowledge to help in the field with calls and to train to AV standards – will be expected to be trained on Ladbrokes / Next and and Coral etc… so as to expand field capabilities
• Work overtime when required
• Cover core hours of 8.30am – 17:00
• May be required to cover other areas
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Stores / logistics skills
• Technical aptitude so we train to higher levels and are able to work unsupervised
• Clean driving license
• Some software knowledge for Excel