SCC is Europe’s largest independent IT infrastructure and Solutions business.
As Managed Services Provider of the year 2015, we are the leading strategic partner to all major technology vendors. With over 5,000 employees across Europe, we support in excess of 5 million users across more than 2500 customers in 50 countries. We have even won awards and are in the Top 3 for UK Data Centre and Cloud Services.
Overall Job Purpose
The Senior Network Specialist will be heavily involved in the design, implementation and transition of new bespoke customer solutions. They will design solutions based on industry best practices using a number of different vendor technologies with an emphasis on security. They will also work closely with both solution and technical architects to assist in delivery of new technologies and service improvements.
They will also provide 3rd line support where required and act as a technical esculation point and mentor to BAU engineers.
- Assist engagement with customers and/or internal teams to ensure design of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer
- Assist in the requirements gathering process and pre-sales phase including due diligence, SoW and solution proposals
Design & Architecture
- Work closely with the Technical Architects to contribute to the design of platform service and customer infrastructures from conception to completion
- Assist on the creation of technical architectures stretching across the entire breadth of the IT estate for Data centre platform services and customers alike
- Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
- Strong background in enterprise and datacentre technologies in large-scale deployments
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a professional services, datacentre, sales or customer support role
- In-depth experience of Cisco networking products such as ASA, FWSM, IPS, Nexus, 6500 VSS, ACE, backed up by a current CCNP R&S / Security certification
- Proven experience in routing protocols such as OSPF & BGP
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of firewalls, load balancers and proxy solutions such as Fortinet, CheckPoint and F5, specifically in a cloud environment
- Detailed knowledge of VPN technologies such as IPSEC Site-to-Site, Remote Access (AnyConnect / Juniper / Pulse) with PKI
- Experience in producing Low Level Design documentation & reviewing HLDs
- Experience of working closely with both Solution & Technical Architects
- Ability to logically troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems
- Ability to work under pressure to tight project deadlines
- Willingness to travel (25%)
At SCC, we understand that people make us possible and that the real value of technology lies in the people using it. That’s why we empower our staff with a wide range of training, equipment and opportunities. So, if you’re looking for a career where you can learn, develop and grow in a successful, fast-paced environment then we have the perfect opportunity for you.