SCC is Europe’s largest independent IT infrastructure and Solutions business.
As Managed Services Provider of the year 2015, we are the leading strategic partner to all major technology vendors. With over 5,000 employees across Europe, we support in excess of 5 million users across more than 2500 customers in 50 countries. We have even won awards and are in the Top 3 for UK Data Centre and Cloud Services.
Overall Job Purpose
To provide proactive management audit improve and architectural guidance for Data Centre infrastructure platforms and customers. This will include design configuration and support for all Data Centre service clients.
To ensure all configuration items architecture and associated documentation is completed to an adequate level to ensure a Gold Standard Service for all Data Centre Service clients.
- Assist engagement with customers to ensure design of technical solutions and improvements are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Assist in the requirements gathering process and Improvements phase including due diligence Audit SoW and solution proposals
Design & Architecture
Provide pro-active Audit of customers IT Infrastructure environments using various toolsets to identify possible end to end improvements that will deliver stable infrastructure and associated platforms
- Contribute to the design of platform service and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
- Assist such that designs and improvements are end to end, fit for purpose and can be abstracted for multiple views and audiences
- Assist on the creation of technical architectures stretching across the entire breadth of the IT estate for Data centre platform services and customers alike.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of products roadmaps and versions
Lead on the implementation of Improvements and changes to Customer IT architecture
- Ensure all projects/ Works adhere to established standards and frameworks
Planning & Transition
Liaise with Design teams on handover and acceptance into service for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades to Data Centre Service Customers
- Liaise with Design teams on the creation, approval and quality standards of all technical project documentation and CMDB configuration items
- Liaise and work closely with BAU operational support teams to facilitate handover to BAU operations of any changes, improvements and additions to customer IT Architecture
Standards & Guidelines
- Contribute to the management of technology platforms across the datacentre technology portfolio
- Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
Work Closely and in conjunction with Operational Support teams in the identification of Improvement opportunities
- To provide proactive and preventative maintenance to customer IT services following industry best practice guideline
- Strong background with core Virtualisation and Infrastructure services in large-scale deployments
- Minimum 7 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a professional services, datacentre, sales or customer support role
- Detailed technical knowledge of MS Directory Services, Exchange, VMWare, Citrix and VDI technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers
- Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (MS, VMWare, Citrix, Exchange)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Ability to provide Architecture guidance, HLD and LLD improvements or solutions to a customer Infrastructure solution
- Ability to audit and understand customer’s Infrastructure environment using various market toolsets and provide recommendations in line with industry best practice
At SCC, we understand that people make us possible and that the real value of technology lies in the people using it. That’s why we empower our staff with a wide range of training, equipment and opportunities. So, if you’re looking for a career where you can learn, develop and grow in a successful, fast-paced environment then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Are you interested? Apply Now!