We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre Services continues to grow and expand, both from our existing customer base and new. This exciting expansion has created a career opportunity for a talented individual to join us as a Technical Services Manager
Technical Service Managers, or TSM’s for short, take accountability for customer technology services delivered by the Data Centre Services teams.
They are our ambassadors. They act as a point of escalation, ensure all things control and governance are followed and share key customer knowledge that enables shared support teams to deliver an effective technology service.
TSM’s do all of this whilst ensuring that our customers have a trusted technical partner they can call on as part of the team that adds value and supports their business.
- Directly interact and communicate with customers, SCC internal teams and third-parties in order to support the effective response and ultimate resolution of all major customer incidents.
- Ensure the continued availability of technical services for SCC’s Data Centre Service customers by providing proactive technical infrastructure guidance (Storage, Network, Compute, EUC) to continuously improve services provided to the customer.
- Where appropriate, provides validation of all technical changes to ensure quality and suitability within each Data Centre Service customers Infrastructure environment(s).
- Be the consultative service authority on all technical matters that could affect customer Infrastructure service(s) and environment(s) to ensure IT service continuity.
- Ownership of all technical risk process and output for aligned customers and, where appropriate, provide technical service improvement recommendations.
- Provide technical and process improvement guidance to aligned Data Centre Service customers.
- In conjunction with SCC Service Deliver Managers, Account Managers, Solutions Architects and Technical Architects; facilitate regular technology workshops to aid customers in the creation (and maintenance) of a clear and concise infrastructure services strategy in line with the customers’ business goal(s).
- Partner with Data Centre Service customers to provide clear technology upgrade recommendations that add value, benefit and are cost effective for their business.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures in accordance with SCC’s ISO accreditations (ISO 9000, ISO 270001, ISO 20000, ISO 14001, ISO 22301).
- Act as a point of escalation for operational technical specialists within the customer and Data Centre Services teams during hours of service.
Skills and Experience
- In depth knowledge based around one, or more, of the following technical disciplines – Storage, Virtualisation, Networking, Application and EUC.
- Ideally holds certification in one, or more, of the following technical disciplines – Storage, Virtualisation, Networking, Application and EUC.
- ITIL exposure or accreditation to foundation level.
- Previous experience in a Senior IT role.
- Ability to break down incidents into technology and service components in order to plan, co-ordinate and restore operational IT services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey the right level of information to technical and non-technical people alike.
- Proven ability to inspire, lead and guide technical teams within IT operational environments.
- Ideally has experience of working in environments with ISO accreditations.
- Ideally has experience of managing teams within a Managed Services or Data Centre environment
The ideal candidate will have:
Integrity by being open and honest with yourself and others.
Drive to succeed and exceed expectations
Determination to get the job done.
Courage to accept challenges and speak up.