Job: Recycling Engineer
Overall Job Purpose
Work as part of a data erasure and quality assurance team that is focused on ensuring all assets are sanitised of data, diagnostically tested and graded, by achieving deliverables against the agreed service level requirements. The role requires organisational and communication skills, as well as the ability to follow operational processes and procedures. An understanding of IT hardware and basic technical knowledge is required.
• To process customer units within agreed OLA’s/SLA’s, with intense focus on data security and possess keen attention to detail.
• To sanitise all data bearing assets, understand removal techniques with focus on data security.
• To retain our current accreditations by delivering operational procedures in accordance with all accredited standards.
• Achieve key performance indicators and targets, thereby ensuring the maximum productivity of the facility, whilst maintaining efficiency and quality.
• To deliver SLA targets and work in tangent with the Service Desk to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met within the operational facility.
• To undertake any training programs in regard to all processes and procedures, ensuring skills sets are retained to deliver all required services.
• Ensure a high level of security awareness is maintained.
• Ensure all processes and procedures as laid out in the Company Health and Safety Policy are adhered to, with particular emphasis on the Traffic Management System specific to the facility.
• Assist the relevant teams to maintain stock control within the operational facility with particular emphasis on data security.
• To undertake Environmental and Health and Safety activities commensurate with post and/or Environment Management System/Group Health and Safety Policy
• To undertake any other duties commensurate with the position (including covering for absence of other members of the team) to maintain overall departmental effectiveness.
• To maintain a high level of housekeeping within the facility.
• To project a pro-active and positive attitude when communicating with external/internal customers. To maintain a friendly, professional service at all times.
• To actively promote Information Security, Service Management, Environmental Management, Health & Safety best practice within their areas of responsibility
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Previous experience in a similar operational role or intelligent, adaptable individual who can be suitably trained.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Must be computer literate
• Security Clearance is mandatory for this role