We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as an Infrastructure Technical Lead.
• This is a “hands-on” technical expertise and lead position that requires senior level knowledge on Infrastructure technologies and operating systems.
• Act as the primary technical escalation point for major incidents related to the Infrastructure service delivery from the datacentre and customer sites
• Supporting the Infrastructure Application team in the advanced troubleshooting of customer’s environments.
• Providing Technical leadership and guidance for Infrastructure team.
• Perform basic team personnel HR administration tasks
• Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels
• Perform Technical root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents
• Assist engagement with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
• Ensure technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards
• Identify Technical Problems and potential Service Improvements across customers Infrastructure environments
• Log calls with third party vendors (MS, Symantec, HP, Dell etc.) and manage when necessary
• Ensure correct configuration of all Infrastructure components and supported technologies, including, but not limited, to, HP, Dell, All servers, Operating systems, AD, DNS, DHCP,AV products, Web filtering etc.
• Contribute to delivering Technical excellence across the Infrastructure team
Identify, Contribute and work towards the technical and service goals defined by DCS management
Excellent hands on technical Expertise
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Attention to detail
• A good work ethic
• ITIL awareness
• Excellent organisation skills
• Professional and presentable at all times.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
Previous support experience with architecture in an enterprise class environment.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and Operations. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. Ability to Provide Technical guidance/leadership to 3rd/4th line engineers; leading by example at all times especially during major incidents. Ready to provide Out-of-hours escalation/support/leadership as required.
• Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience supporting technical environments
• An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
o Microsoft server products (Windows 2003 to 2012 R2, Core to Datacentre)
o Microsoft AD (Active Directory) and integrated elements/processes such as DNS, GPO, AD DS and RBAC.
o DHCP Server (Microsoft)
o SCCM including patch management, build image and application deployment
o AV (Anti-Virus with key products being McAfee & Symantec)
o Web Filtering (WebSense/Symantec/TMG/etc.)
o Endpoint Encryption (Symantec)
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Server Hardware (HP/IBM/Dell/Cisco)
o VMware / Hyper-V
• Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Excellent and demonstrable communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills
• Ability to use the Service Desk tool to manage incidents/changes/problems tickets
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to manage conflict/challenges within a working environment.
ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider