Job Type: Permanent
Categories: Technical Jobs
Job ID: 72177
Main Duties of the Job:
- Provide Vendors and other SCC peers with a focal point for core solutions
- Conceptualise and Design complex solutions, covering multiple sites, and including hosted Data Centre infrastructures.
- Technical ownership of project delivery and engaging closely with the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Run technical workshops covering multiple technologies.
- Perform presales activity in support of the Business Development team, creating both High Level Designs and Low Level Delivery documentation.
- Perform presales activity as required in support of the Solution Architecture and Sales teams.
- The role requires detailed design skills specific to the individuals technology specialisation complemented by an architecture-level appreciation of all relevant complementary technologies.
- Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside Professional Services Solution Architecture in developing and delivering service offerings based on industry best practice and “new to market” technologies.
- Development and delivery of technology specific presentations to both large audience seminars and project workshop environments.
- Maintain knowledge of project delivery methodologies and technology roadmaps in the particular field of specialisation.
- Maintain a broad understanding of competitive products to the individuals specialisation, an understanding of their architectural principles and, where appropriate, design skills and accreditations in these products
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- To outline and obtain, maintaining technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufacturers and software vendors.
- Work in conjunction with the appropriate sales personnel to understand the opportunities for Professional Services within their accounts and develop team skills to meet the requirement.
- At all times to provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties which, from time to time may be allocated by your Manager.
- Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to a high standard, preferably with a relevant degree and with good technical background.
- Experience in architecting and implementing EUC Microsoft solutions within a complex environment. The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of some if not all of the following core solutions:-
- Microsoft Hyper-V / VMware ESX
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft MDT / WDS or SCCM
- Microsoft RDS / Citrix XenApp
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft AZURE (ADFS / AD / Services)
- In addition to these the following skills sets would be beneficial:-
- Microsoft System Centre (OM, VMM, DPM, SM or Orchestrator)
- Microsoft Intune / EMS
- Microsoft Direct Access Gateway
- Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager
- Microsoft APP-V Application Packaging
- Awareness of complementary EUC technologies:-
- Citrix Suite (XenApp / XenDesktop / NetScaler)
- VMware (Horizon)
- Ivanti Suite of Products
- Lakeside Software
- Suitable Accreditations in supporting core technologies is also beneficial such as MCSE/VCP.
- 10 years plus relevant experience in IT industry focused on delivering enterprise scale infrastructure solutions.
- Commercially aware with strong client facing and vendor relationship development skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, enabling the presentation of complex technical solutions.
- Experience in working with and defining delivery methodologies
- An understanding of Project management fundamentals
- Ability to Lead by example and influence others
- Team player but with the ability to work unaided