Overall Job Purpose
This is a customer facing role with accountability for high value and complex project development requirements within SCC’s strategic client base.
The successful candidate will lead the Pre-sales Technical Solution Design Teams to deliver all technical aspects of pre sale services provided to the client. The majority of the role is to proactively create and build high value based solutions that address the key IT and business benefits.
The role holder will be responsible and accountable to ensure that all design and delivery work is conducted in line with defined Technical and Business Architecture, and to ensure quality of designed and delivered solution in accordance with defined standards, and for developing a long term technical strategy with the client.
• Handle all technical aspects of services provided to the client & relating these to the client’s business level requirements.
• Understand the customer’s business and their challenges; ensure the technical team deliver against the client’s requirements; and develop the client’s technical road map.
• Create presentations that summarise the simple technical and business benefits of the solutions.
• Work closely with the Client Director & Project Management Office.
• Progress new sales opportunities and deliver contracted solutions.
• Effective people management of the pre sales and transitional technical team, ensuring that the project is adequately resourced and that the available resource is well managed and utilised.
• Selling the technical solution at all levels in to the customer base.
• Being an ambassador for the company and developing trusted relationships at the top level with the client, demonstrating quality of service and industry awareness, and driving the technology solution from the business requirement.
• Fully contributing member of customer / account business management board / team.
• To ensure that all design and delivery work is conducted in line with defined Technical and Business Architecture, ensure requirements are adequately and efficiently captured and are comprehensive, complete and clear before creating or proposing a solution.
• To qualify all requests for new or modified technical requirements ensuring that design resource is economically utilised.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
• Knowledge of all Datacentre Virtualisation Technologies, Desktop Vdi computing, Telecom architecture, design and development skills.
• Extensive experience in both systems integration and implementation.
• Proven record of ability to negotiate at a senior level.
• Strong people management experience and track record of leading successful teams.
• This is a senior level customer facing role that would suit someone coming from an existing or previous technical architectural role. It is a hybrid role combining customer relationship with service development and an overall focus on quality of technical design and delivery that demonstrates additional service growth for SCC.