Software Solutions Specialist
Successful applicants will be responsible for selling complex software driven solutions across a wide client base up to CxO level. The successful individual will have a proven track record in software solution sales and will be responsible for working with SCC’s account team in branch to manage SCC’s end-to-end sales and commercial engagement for all core software opportunities in this area including but not exclusively Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Symantec, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to significantly grow SCC’s Software and SAM business by closing new and incremental software deals in existing and net-new accounts across a number of key software vendors.
- Provide end-to-end ownership for sales opportunities on behalf of the Software Business.
- Lead the qualification process with the account team to truly understand a customer’s requirements and align these to key SCC service propositions aligning resources from the business as required.
- Assist the customer through a process of understanding their requirements, defining a solution and creating a compelling proposition; with responsibility for then negotiating commercials, closing the deal and providing commercial direction for the project.
- Manage the internal service providers and any external suppliers.
- Support, guide and coach the sales team to define, differentiate, develop, lead and close deals.
- Lead and own the bidding process including response documents such as RFI, RFP and full proposal.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with key vendors.
- Develop and execute a jointly agreed business plan in collaboration with SCC’s Branch Managers in order to maximise opportunities in existing accounts and grow new business and market share. Key Requirements
- The ability to qualify and develop new clients from a cold start and manage the entire deal lifecycle from inception through to successful project outcome.
- An ability to spot, qualify and lead new opportunities in existing accounts
- Evidence of Solution based selling, particularly with good knowledge of complex Professional Services engagements.
- Solid understanding and proven track record in selling software solutions that are tailored to meet a client’s needs and demands.
- A strong understanding of technology, emerging technologies and the broader market outside software.
- Solid expertise and understanding of relevant software technologies including Software Asset Management (SAM).
- The ability to develop long term relationships as a trusted partner for SCC’s customers.
- The ability to drive internal collaboration and lead virtual teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Manage customer liaison to transact complex services and complex software solution sales to maximize profit
- Responsible for sales documentation and methodology to enable the sales process and information
- Engage with appropriate resources and management to ensure solution meets customer needs
- Close standard deals with a degree of complexity and opportunities to maximize profitability
- Identify customer queries and resolve to enhance customer satisfaction
- Accountability for all operational transactions to ensure ownership of customer
- Proactively builds customer contacts and rapport across a number of customers, levels and opportunities
- Identify a broad range of opportunities and customers to develop sales campaigns
- Act in accordance with SCCs Information Security Policies and report potential or actual Security events or other security risks to the organization
- Software contribution growth from aligned customers
- Develop and execute sales plan
- Feedback from stakeholders and customers
- demonstrating role specific competencies
- Generation of new business opportunities in existing customer base and new customers
- Contribute to campaign team in large complex contractual services opportunities
- Graduate level education
- 3-5 Years relevant sales experience
- Previous referenceable software knowledge
- Ability to build effective and constructive relationships across a number of customers and opportunities
- Ability to build and manage a pipeline of customer opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate business planning
- Comprehensive understanding of SCC’s Solutions offerings and basic understanding of services
- Able to manage and work with virtual teams
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Commercial, Financial and legal understanding
- Negotiation and influencing skills applied across the various customer organizations
- Ability to build effective and constructive relationships across a number of large and more complex customers, opportunities etc., at all levels
- Ability to resolve significant customer issues whilst positively moving the business forward