This is a managerial role reporting to the Head of Service Operations [IPCC] and will be accountable for the operational delivery of the Configuration , Change and Release Management Services , to both internal and external customers .
Main Duties will include :
- Leading a team of Change , Configuration and Release Managers , based across multiple locations .
- Provide governance of the Change , Configuration and Release Management process , policy and procedures ensuring that they meet customer requirements and are aligned to SCC standards .
- Own and prioritise Service Improvement activities .
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor progress .
- Delivery against service performance metrics .
- Production and distribution of weekly and monthly reporting to agreed stakeholders .
- Service acceptance for new business in readiness for operational go-live .
- Point of escalation to resolve delays in change processing or inaccurate CMDB data .
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships .
- Determine toolset requirements .
- Setting and tracking progress of objectives and personal development plans .
- Identify , investigate and recommend changes in the delivery of services aimed at reducing cost and improving the quality of service provision to the customer .
- Support daily operational review[s] as required .
- Conduct and report upon the output of due diligence across Configuration , Change and Release Management services for new business , as part of Service Transition .
- Attend Change , Release and Configuration Management workshops for new customers .
Skills and Capabilities required :
- Proven experience of Configuration , Change and Release Management processes , escalation procedures and related disciplines in a large scale and diverse environment .
- Knowledge and use of Service Management software , ideally ServiceNow .
- An extensive understanding of Service Level Agreements and their application .
- Contract application knowledge based on business deliverables .
- Strong skills in business relationship management with significant experience leading strategic level discussions at customer and SCC senior management level .
- Ability to get things done in a matrix environment through persuasion and influence .
- Strong peering skills and ability to influence across disciplines with credibility .
- Strong leadership skills .
- Demonstrable customer presentation experience to all levels of customer interface .
- Extensive experience in customer / business interface communication – the ability to support a customer in the understanding of the ITIL structure and process and champion the Configuration , Change and Release Management process and procedure packages – internally and external to customers .Certification in and commitment to service management best practice as defined by ITIL .
- Knowledge of SCCM
- ITIL V3 intermediate .