Job Title: Service Desk Team Leader
Job Title of Line Manager: Service Desk Manager
Department: Managed Services
Section Name: MBDA – Service Desk
Job Title of Team Members: Service Desk & Video Conferencing Analyst, Videoconferencing Specialist
Overall Job Purpose:
The Service Desk Team Leader is responsible for managing the day-to-day performance of the Service Desk, assisting the Service Desk manager with key activities and acting as cover in their absence.
The role will also require an in-depth knowledge of the customer environment, key contacts within MBDA and the ability to build strong and long lasting relationships with the customer. The ability to self-motivate and prioritise workload is essential, along with being able to function effectively under pressure.
As Team Leader you will act as first point of escalation for the Service Desk Analysts and the customer, you will ensure their activities are being carried out within the required timeframes and to the appropriate standards.
• Ensure day-to-day activities carried out by the Analysts are completed and performed to the required standard.
• Ensure that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours by managing shift staffing schedules and training plans in order to meet all relevant SLAs i.e. maintenance of the shift and holiday rota.
• Assist the Service Desk Manager in the monitoring of staff behaviour, performance and attendance.
• Organise the successful induction of new starters.
• Arranging staff training and awareness sessions as advised by the Service Desk Manager. Complete and update training matrix to show progress.
• Perform briefings to service desk staff on changes or deployments that may affect volumes and therefore Service Levels.
• Assisting analysts in providing 1st line support and VC support when workloads are high, staffing levels are low, or where additional experience is required.
• Act as first point for contact for the Service Desk Analysts in terms of dealing with operational queries.
• Actively monitor team morale and motivate staff as appropriate.
• Ensure the service desk remains a safe and tidy working environment.
• Produce reports and provide suggestions for areas of improvement along with detailing any concerns.
• Ensure knowledge base is continually developed and then audited on a quarterly basis.
• Oversee the day-to-day progress of mass deployments once the Service Desk Manager has agreed the approach and initiated the activity.
• Monthly reporting for the User Admin service.
• Work with the Service Desk Manager to deliver customer reporting pack
• Daily SLA reporting and other reports as directed by the Service Desk manager.
• Be recognised by the customer as the Subject Matter expert and SCC service owner for the User Admin service.
• Arrange and train agents on the User Administration Service Deliverables.
• Ensure appropriate cover is in place for the User Admin service.
• Suggest improvements for the User Admin service
• At least 3 years’ experience of working within a Service Desk Environment, preferably in a senior role with supervisor responsibilities.
• Ability to coach, manage and motivate staff.
• Self-motivated and able to prioritise workload.
• Attention to detail and a sound work ethic.
• Knowledge of ITIL aligned service management tools
• 2nd Line technical support skills
• Good communication skills and good telephone manner
• A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
• Ability to drive results within tight timeframes. Must be able to deliver results and negotiate changes
• Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
• PC skills (incl. MS Office family, Bespoke applications etc)
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
• Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills.
• Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
• Ability to work un-managed towards individual and team objectives associated with the role.
Responsible to: Service Desk Manager