Overall Job Purpose:
Manage the performance of a Secure 24 by 7 Service Desk to ensure all events are actioned in an efficient and timely manner in line with agreed SLA and KPI’s, such that SLA targets are achieved.
To ensure that the Service Desk team are motivated and able to perform their day-to-day activities effectively, with the aim of achieving optimal customer satisfaction.
To be responsible for Knowledge Base and all supporting process development and documentation. Interfacing with suppliers, internal and/or customer Technical Support teams, to ensure minimum customer business disruption.
Occasional out of hours support will be expected, including evening and weekend work where necessary
Main Duties of Job
• Management of desk staff and ownership for the Service Desk function.
• Main Service Desk escalation point for the customer and internal support functions for all customers.
• Management of all events against SLA and/or KPI commitments.
• Monitoring of desk activity to ensure that actions to resolve are completed within targets.
• Ownership of overall Service Centre processes and supporting documentation, ensuring that process documentation is valid at all times.
• Proactively identify areas requiring improvement; pro-actively monitor call and/or incident trends and desk activities in order to identify issues and recommend resolution of root causes.
• Ownership of Service Desk action and development programs.
• Identify, investigate and recommend changes in the delivery of services, aimed at reducing cost and improving the quality of service provision to the customer.
• The ability to produce statistics / MI reports, activity reports, weekly and/or monthly management reports and customer ad hoc reports as required and to set timeframes where applicable.
• To keep Senior Management informed of new processes, trends and changes.
• To manage the Incident Management function, such that incidents are resolved in a timely and effective manner, and to promote partnership with customer Problem and Change Management functions.
• Ensure that all sickness, holiday, expense and overtime forms are submitted and tracked via a central depository.
• Carry out regular 1-2-1’s with desk staff to ensure roles, objectives and targets are understood, and resolve any staff issues that may exist.
• To actively promote training with the team, such that competency levels of staff are maintained and increased to meet changing customer business.
• To be responsible for annual Performance Reviews, Probation Reviews and interviews of all Service Desk staff.
• Ensure that all reports are accurate and submitted consistently within set time frames.
• Ensure that all Service Desk process related documentation is valid at all times.
• To actively promote Information Security best practice within their areas of responsibility.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
• ITIL qualification (minimum Foundation).
• Minimum 3 years working at Team Leader level within a Service Desk Environment
• Strong, well developed supervisory / management skills.
• A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organizational skills.
• The ability to make a significant contribution to the development and improvement of services and to the overall operation of the Service Desk Team.
• Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
• Professional and presentable at all times.
• Organized and logical approach to administration and problem solving.
• PC skills (incl. MS Office family, e-mail, etc.).
• The ability to converse comfortably at 1st and 2nd line technical levels.
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with competing demands.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
• Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
• Ability to work un-managed towards individual and team objectives associated with the role.