To ensure new customer and new Service requirements are designed and Integrated into Operational Support.Responsibilities include:
• Takes ownership of the design of new and existing services and service artefacts, as identified in the Service Architecture, in support of new customer & business opportunities within Data Centre Services
• Assists the Service Architect within pre-Sales with the development of the service solution and Operating model
• Ensure that the Service Design framework and review model is Governed and followed with each New Service or new business and the correct levels of due diligence and internal reviews are completed.
• Ensure proposed Services for new business and new customers are fit for purpose, ensuring operability and efficiency once live
• Work in conjunction with the Service Transition Manager as a key contributor for the articulation and development of the overarching Service solution (low level service design).
• Assumes responsibility of the Service Description during detailed design work as per the ‘Service Solutions Handbook’ and Technical Services Handbook
• Co-ordinates with other SCC Service Management roles and processes in the packaging and acceptance of a new Service.
• Ensures that appropriate service descriptions/schedules are developed, reviewed, approved and recorded adhering to SCC governance.
• Responsible for reporting of management information related to the pipeline of new Services and the status of delivery.
• Look to improve current processes and help to define and develop the Service Design Engagement and acceptance process.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be a determined and self-motivated individual with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of support and service design and transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base.
• Proven Service Design/Transition experience in a large scale and diverse environment and in-depth knowledge within a relevant service design & delivery discipline or framework.
• Exceptional Data Centre knowledge.
• Ability to collate information from a number of sources and draw out the key points to evaluate the existing Service, process or propose alternative fit for purpose solutions and services.
• Ability to independently interpret, understand and act appropriately in line with the analysis of the required service proposed.
• Creative and innovative-to provide novel solutions that may reduce cost and increase customer experience.
• Be competent in working unsupervised to manage problems.
• Dynamic approach with flexibility to change requirements.
• Able to communicate and influence internal/external clients to resolve any potential issues with new or existing service offerings or designs
• Must be highly organised and able to track and plan short and medium term objectives.
• A good understanding of technical and ITIL service offerings in order to identify opportunities or potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
• Understanding of Service Markets (tool sets and service providers)
• Experience of being highly accountable for the design and quality of key documentation and processes.
• Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
• This role will involve co-ordination and communication with various skilled groups and individuals within SCC, therefore the role requires high organisational, collaboration and excellent communication & presentation skills.
• Strong peering skills and ability to influence across disciplines with credibility
• A previous technical Background or in-depth understanding of technical service offerings
• Project Management Certification
• ITIL intermediate/practitioner certifications or experience equivalent to