Overall Job Purpose:
The Service Delivery Manager (Level 2) role manages a Customer or portfolio of Customer accounts of annual account revenues between £500k and £4m. Success in this role will be demonstrated through managing provisioned SCC services to contracted service levels to a customer / portfolio of customers. Delivering a high level of customer satisfaction underpinned by a CSI initiatives and developing a value add proposition. Ultimately, ensuring customer retention, growth and transformation is delivered over the contract period. The Service Delivery Manager fully understand the contract, commercials and SLA’s/KPI’s within their Customer portfolio and supports the understanding of these within the wider SCC business.
The Service Delivery Manager works closely alongside the aligned Account Manager on account planning and growth across all Customers in their portfolio.
The Service Delivery Manager is a key customer advocate, acting as the voice of the customer internally. The role requires the ability to develop, grow and nurture positive relationships with the designated Customer organisation, suppliers and internal delivery functions.
Main Duties of Job:
Leadership & Management
- Working with stakeholder functions (Customer and internal) facilitate and take the lead in identifying operational service improvements, seeking value add, increasing revenue opportunities and reducing the cost of support across a customer or portfolio of accounts.
- Where applicable, provide supervisory and operational management of onsite teams and direct onsite functions, including any health and safety or regulatory requirements.
- Where required, provide feedback and input into the Service Delivery performance management process assisting HOCS as part of the mentoring and support activity.
- Act as a customer advocate and a strong voice of the customer internally
- Work collaboratively with Account managers and senior management in the Sales team in order to build relationships with key internal stakeholders and to drive customer growth and profitability.
- Build excellent relationships with both customers and internal SCC stakeholders. Be a collaborative partner with other internal departments to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Act as an escalation point for the customer
- Ensure that the Customer and internal perceptions and expectations are understood and plans aligned to facilitate improvement.
- Be the proactive face of SCC to the Customer working closely with Account Management
- Ensure that a high profile is maintained and that all relevant stakeholders have the visibility of the Service Delivery
- Take ownership, where required, of account issues and escalations to facilitate progress and resolution with stakeholders and functional units
- Ensure senior Service Delivery management are advised of major service issues (to minimise surprise and exposure).
- Support the attainment of account profitability
- Ensure Account Plans are created and maintained for customers within the portfolio.
- Work with Stakeholder functions (Customer and internal), proactively seek out opportunities to extend, negotiate and expand the SCC value add proposition and drive incremental revenue (pull through)
- Understand the Customers business, the Account plans and also SCC Company Strategy
- Engage with Account Management to provide a consistent approach and to assist with opportunities
Financial, Commercial & Contract Management
- Ensures commercial / service charges are managed and invoiced in line with financial cadence including true up
- Working with SCC operational and primary stakeholder (Customer and internal functions) in context of contractual commitments, manage service credit / penalty scenarios, negotiating where appropriate to reduce risk of financial exposure / losses on P&L
- Having a good understanding of the Account Revenue / Cost Model, working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions) manages the underlying cost of the contract provisioned service streams. Identify unnecessary / unmanaged increases in the costs of support, and proposes remedial actions to ensure costs of support are minimised where possible
- Continually review cost model/delivery approach to drive down the cost of delivery
- Be familiar with the SCC financial models that control the P&L, margin and cost base
- Manage day-to-day contract mechanics (such as management of change (CCN) – variations to contract)
- Support Head of Service Delivery and Account Management in Customer renewals and extensions
- Engage with service design/business development to ensure that design and cost models are fit for purpose
- Provide SCC stakeholder functions with the required financial / flash reporting for accounts under stewardship, identifying any outstanding reserves, expected provisions and any associated penalty / credit scenarios.
Service Improvement & Value Creation
- Working with stakeholders (customer and internal functions), using Best Practice. methodologies, Continual Service Improvement (CSI) in context of contractual / commercial commitments and SLAs, manage and improve the customer perception. Measure the improvement by the agreed SCC satisfaction rating / scoring / benchmark process.
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), using Best Practice. methodologies, Continual Service Improvement (CSI) in context of contractual / commercial commitments, identify, develop and manage Service Improvement initiatives. Develop CSI Plans, with measureable KPIs and drive through agreed Implementations or corrective alignment to services.
- Ensure regular measurement of Customer Satisfaction as defined for the customer type. Issue and ensure completion of the CSAT Survey in accordance with SCC defined cadence.
- Deliver Continual Service Improvement Planning (CSI – Proactive Service Enhancements)
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), develop an appropriate. communications plan that reports, updates and provides appropriate feedback channels as part of the CSI initiative and enhances customer participation / engagement.
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions) as part of a CSI initiative, identify Critical Success Factors ( CSFs ) that warrant the agreed Service Improvements and that can be appropriately measured via KPIs or other measures. For example, a CSF will be promptly resolving incidents to reduce / limit business impact of a product / service being off line or unavailable for a certain amount of time. Associated KPIs may be improvements to First Time Fix percentile and improvements with engineering time on site reduction that align to the CSF.
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), review customer feedback received via the agreed SCC satisfaction rating / scoring / benchmark process and translate into CSI initiatives, alignments to contracted service streams or identified opportunities that aim to improve ongoing perception.
- Increase the value add proposition by fully understanding the requirements of the customer and what they perceive as value from the SCC
- Reduce the cost of support where appropriate for both SCC and the Customer
- Drive through initiatives/ opportunities for additional services, early contract renewal or transformation
- Ensure Service Delivery ownership and contribution to the escalation management process
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), deliver consistent processes and procedures that assist in delivering the contracted performance measures.
- Ensure attainment of Service Levels
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), facilitate the coordination of service issues and assist with resolving, providing workarounds or agreeing service alignment initiative via a CSI or action plan.
- Measure and maintain OLA’s and SLA’s
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), ensure provisioned contracted services are fit for purpose by reviewing the warranty and utility of the services. Warranty, ensures the service meets its performance requirements (SLAs etc.). Utility ensures the functionality offered by the service meets a particular customer need.
- Reporting on Critical Success Factors and measuring of Key Performance Indicators
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), proactively identify and manage operational service risks, mitigating where appropriate.
- Ensures Service Quality measurements are in place and a service excellence ethos promoted
- Ensures an agreed escalation process for services issues are in place
Reporting & Governance
- Own and maintain Continuous Service Improvement Plans (CSIPS) and agreed measurements
- Working with the appropriate stakeholder teams, ensure that the standard SCC SMS reporting tools and service tool sets deliver the appropriate / defined contracted customer service reporting at agreed frequencies.
- Ensure the correct governance framework and cadence are in place
- Working with Service Support Managers to ensure that agendas, minutes, actions and associated reporting requirements are implemented and maintained.
- Working with Service Support Managers, ensure that Stakeholder engagement is aligned to the agreed governance and service review model in place.
- Ensure agreed performance statistics and reporting are provided to the customer
Operational Contract Management
- Be fully conversant with the signed contract and its operational translation and seeks to remove any ambiguity
- Manage and sign off Request for Change and associated risks both internally and with the Customer.
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions) engage with the Transition lifecycle stage for the implementation, transformation / addition and retirement of services and assist with the definition and creation of any associated AIS requirements mitigating / managing any identified risks as appropriate.
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), engage in managing the effective lines of communication with the Projects and Transition streams to ensure a successful handover into live / operational service.
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), assist in Major Incidents and providing support in getting stakeholder functions to deliver resolution, workarounds and associated customer update / communications at an agreed frequency.
- Working with stakeholders (Customer and internal functions), to provide management support with stakeholder 3rd party suppliers that underpin any contractual performance measures or deliverables / services to SCC Customers.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven management of annual account revenues (ARR)> 500K
- Knowledge of Managed Services methodologies
- Strong understanding of the IT industry, infrastructure systems and hosting
- More than 2 years’ experience managing Customer Accounts
- Customer facing experience and customer service skills
- Proven ability to manage the SIP and CSI processes for a customer portfolio
- Ability to manage administration and multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner, often against deadlines
- End to end contract knowledge and management
- Ability to communicate effectively at the appropriate levels, internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Ability to influence key stakeholders in Customer Accounts
- Ability to translate and communicate business requirements and service requirements / specifications to varying levels of audience
- Understanding of ITIL process and structure
- Good Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills, with a demonstrable ability to build well-presented and logical documents and presentations
- Proven management of annual account revenues (ARR)> 1.5m
- Experience of working within/aligning to an ITIL environment
- Experience of AiS for Large or Complex Managed Service/Projects
- ITSM/ISEB professional Certified
- Able to effectively handle complex customer relationships and negotiations
- Able to work out of hours and on weekends as required
- Flexible with location and able to travel