Job: AV Rack Build Engineer
Overall Job Purpose
To Build / Install a Variety of Equipment Racks covering a wide range of integrated audio visual and video conferencing technologies in both the corporate and public sectors. You will have a major input to the success of a project and the development of the Rack build facility
• To read and understand the requirements of the Technical Architects Drawings
• You will build whole systems from small 10U Equipment racks to large 42U equipment racks, terminating a wide range of cabling from RTP plates to extensive cable looms, developing interlinking between racks and communicating workaround solutions on bespoke installations.
• Performing asset registers accurately including various PAT testing on and off client sites.
• You will be capable of carrying out equipment changes of all types of audio and video / control systems.
• You will complete basic tests on equipment where possible to prove the racks you have built work before packaging and shipping.
• You shall be responsible for keeping track of rack build consumables for ordering.
• Where required, attend customer sites to assist with installation of racks or on site builds.
• Advising Technical Architects and CAD technician where physical / practical changes have been made to the design.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• A proven track record in Rack Build of Audio Visual equipment / maintenance and operation.
• Ability to build, configure setup and dress racks to an excellent standard.
• Have a skill in cable dressing throughout the rack from start to finish, being accurate with cable labelling.
• Must have worked with corporate and/or government clients and in multi-discipline project teams, and have the ability to work with a variety of professionals
• The ability and presence to liaise with clients at senior level, external consultants and project managers / consultants.
• A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks, RS232 / Infrared
• To have a general understanding of goods in / out processes.
• To be proficient installing Various Video Conferencing systems and AV equipment, including Crestron DM systems, audio products and control systems
• Hold CSCS, Relevant Health & Safety accreditations.
• Ideally hold an InfoComm CTS I/S/D certification.
• A proven knowledge of all types of terminations, EDAC, BNC, 9 & 25 pin D Type, RJ45 connections Cat5e & Cat6a and a selection of standard Audio Connections.
• An understanding of AV systems integration with existing IT systems is essential
• You are required to hold a full drivers license and you will also need to be CRB checked.