Overall Job Purpose:
To assist the Operations Manager with the day to day management of a team of site based IT engineers and to be a point of escalation for issues and help to develop the site based operation across both Heathrow and Gatwick Airports .
The role of Operations Team Leader is to provide leadership to the team and actively participate in the management and development of the staff.
The Operations Team Leader will also be responsible for the stores function and assist the coordination of staff for the area.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Assist the management of resources within the team ensuring adequate cover is maintained to deliver the existing support requirements within the allocated cost structure .
- Ensure key performance indicators are achieved at all times including SLA .
- Regular visits to local based sites where applicable .
- Encourage and support staff with personal development and training requirements .
- Responsible for branch communication .
- Review and improve branch performance against contractual obligations .
- Generation of management information – notably daily reports on previous days performance and adding to the weekly reports.
- Actively manage the escalation process within the area .
- Proactively identify areas for improvement both internally and externally
- Cost Management – proactively identify best value drivers for the benefit of both internal and external customers .
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the constant changes of the role , participating in appropriate training activities provided by SCC .
- Undertake such duties, training and/or hours of work as the business requirement dictates and of which are consistent with the expected level of responsibility of the role .
- Check and verify overtime and expenses within company time guidelines.
- Manage and report on logistic reports .
- To undertake Health and Safety duties commensurate with the post and/or as detailed in the SCH Group Health and Safety Policy .
- To take an active role in projects not directly linked with the role .
- First point of contact for HR related issues within the team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of resource scheduling
- Proven experience within an IT engineering environment
- Proven people management experience and training
- Ability to multitask and a flexible attitude in dynamic environment
- Driving license essential
- Ability to gain SC clearance .