|The role of the Operations Manager is to oversee SCC’s Managed Service operation within areas of responsibility. You will be responsible for a team of around 100 personnel delivering distributed IT services to a wide and diverse range of customers and IT equipment, ensuring SCC meet the contractual SLA’s and services in place with our customers. There will be a requirement for you to oversee the engineering utilisation performance, continually looking to improve the service delivery and processes in place while considering the commercial impact to the business.|
Main Duties of the Job:
· Ensure there is adequate resource to deliver all services your team are responsible to supporting
· To strategically plan the area development in line with business objectives both current and future
· Oversee the training and development of existing employees and ensure that skills meet the requirements for field and CRM sites
· Responsible for the performance management review process and manage personal development to maintain a motivated team of skilled individuals
· Assist with the recruitment of new employees
· Responsible for the safety and well-being of all employees under your management during their contractual hours
· Act as a mentor to all your management teams
· Generation and publication of management information on a weekly and monthly basis as required
· Actively manage and develop the escalation process within the region. This may require you to support any major escalations out of core business hours
· Proactively identify areas for improvement internally and externally around service delivery, new technology etc.
Contribute to Security measures and procedures
· Contribute and comply with Company Quality Assurance policy and standards
· Own and drive forward cost reduction by process improvement and integration into the business
· Organise regular monthly service reviews with the CRM and OTL providing minutes of the meeting and managing the completion of any actions assigned to DS
· Represent SCC in a professional manner while at Customer meetings and presentations
· Manage the disciplinary process for all staff under your management
· Assist in building the business relationships with CRM and SM
· Assist in any TUPE situation or Union meetings with HR
· Be involved in service transition and any other duties supporting Managed Services
· To communicate with CRM or SM with any updates, progress or issues.
· Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
· Must be professional and presentable at all times.
· Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
· Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
· Be Familiar with all SCC polices and processes relevant to the role and/or your responsibilities to SCC and our customers.
· Be Familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable
|Skills, Clearances, Knowledge and Experience:|
· Proven experience or qualification within a similar management role in an IT environment
· Extensive field service, service delivery, service desk resource management, logistics and service transition experience
· Good management skills and experience of managing a large team of technical resource (90+)
· Must have an understanding of Manufacturer Warranty process
· ITIL knowledge and experience
· Must be able to communicate ideas effectively and be able to think on their feet.
· Commercial awareness and ability to manage and reduce costs
· Ability to read and interpret customer support contracts
· SC Cleared
· Full Driving licence