We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – the leading IT services organisation in Europe .
We now have an exciting career opportunity for a talented Linux Engineer to provide support to our customer based on-site at their facility in Bristol .
The role :
To install, configure, troubleshoot Linux based operating systems, and advise on continued usage and deployments. To be primarily a Linux resource, but on occasion assist with issues in the Wintel environment.
To assist the delivery of IT Services to the end client through supply of contracted services and value add. Deliver an effective and efficient customer focused service to all staff for SCC clients, meeting service level agreements and customer expectations.
- Main Duties of Job:
- Direct interaction with customers helping them identify and resolve technical issues with bespoke products
- Creation of process documentation. Build/Software deployment guides.
- Internal reproduction of the customer problem to enable the development and testing of a resolution
- Developing resolutions to customer’s problems, working with the customers internal Desktop Integration to define a standard Workstation build
- Support for software and hardware fault resolution
- Installation, Move and Addition services in relation to IT equipment on customer sites
- Remote support using software support tools where available
- Escalation of incidents to line management where necessary
- Update of all Incidents and requests in the call handling system
- Completion of project activity as request by SCC to support SCC customers
- Installation of new hardware and software as requested by SCC Clients and authorised by SCC management
- Re-loading/configuring software applications and images
- Look for potential service improvements
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in IT specifically a Linux/Unix environment
- Essential knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7.
- Desirable knowledge of Red Hat kickstart, Solaris, bash scripting, application installs, LDAP
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance
- A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines by applying specific project management techniques.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
- Ability to work un-managed towards individual and team objectives associated with the role .
We offer an attractive starting salary plus other large company benefits .
Then click the response button now !