Overall Job Purpose:
To provide efficient and effective support to the Sales Team and the customer base. Assisting the Account Manager in pro-actively managing the customer requirements to ensure that all opportunities to increase the business revenues from the customer are achieved.
Working as part of a structured team, you will need to be dedicated to providing a professional approach at all times. Measurements of your performance will be identified by your ability to respond to customer requests and ensure that all agreed service levels are met on a monthly basis.
Main Duties of the Job:
- To understand the Sector and Customer base that you look after. To be aware of all planned projects within the customer base and any specific requirements or contracted service levels.
- To ensure all orders, tasks, quotes and other requests are responded to within a timely manner.
- Track progress in relation to quotes, orders, and credits, aged debt, stock holdings.
- Follow SCC best practice to ensure the highest level of service is provided to our Customers, both internal and external.
- Ownership and resolution of customer challenges and concerns.
- To ensure that all internal procedures are kept updated and comply with the required standards.
- To liaise with all relevant SCC functions including, but not limited to, Credit Control, Warehouse, Operations, and Enterprise.
- Manage all customer project and bonded requirements.
- Supplier relationships.
- Preparation of quotations, including the technical specification and obtaining best pricing available. To pro-actively sell additional products and services.
- Chasing outstanding quotations with the customers to convert into business.
- Ensuring that we are achieving and exceeding the required `Service level` and therefore the customer expectations.
- Management of customer standard products, road mapping for products going `end of life` and management of transition.
- Sourcing / re-specifying of products in constraint.
- Management of customer images/product transition.
- Owning of the allocated Customers aged debt and pro-actively trying to resolve the queries. Maintaining regular contact with the customer to discuss the aged debt within the account; escalation of issues to the Account Manager.
- Assisting with forecasting
- Assisting in the management of `Inventory Stock`
- Vetting of all complex orders including where necessary discussing with the relevant Departments/ Suppliers.
- Updating of the My SCC system as required/directed.
- Distribution of new product releasing to agreed customer contacts.
- Achieving and exceeding set targets.
- Maintain product knowledge to an acceptable level and ensure that you are aware of any new releases/updates.
- Ensure that your knowledge of SCC service and enterprise offerings is up-to-date and that these are introduced to conversations with our Customers regularly in line with their requirements.
- Creation of customers’ accounts on Lifecycle and maintenance of these accounts.
- To carry out other ad hoc duties as required in the best interests of SCC and the customer.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and time management abilities
- Good `people skills`, for working with a range of colleagues and customers.
- Looking for a career in sales
- A professional manner
- The ability to absorb ongoing training and personal development