Job: Commissioning Engineer
Overall Job Purpose
To provide end-to-end system commissioning and quality assurance on a wide range of integrated audio visual and video conferencing technologies in both the corporate and public sectors. You will have a major input to the success of a project and the development of junior audio visual engineers
• To commission and quality assure Audio Visual and Video installations.
• You will be responsible for producing system configuration documentation and working through systems commissioning test scripts to ensure fully operational audio visual
• You will perform quality assurance checks on installations and identify any issues that need resolving.
• You will be responsible for 2nd line fault finding and technical resolution during the commissioning phase, escalating to the solutions architect where necessary.
• You will be able to advise on and assist the installation team with onsite commissioning tasks such as cable terminations and product configuration
• You will work through software control systems to identify programming snags
• Perform maintenance visits and on-going support where necessary
• Perform system training to end users
• To deliver audio visual commissioning to an excellent standard and communicate effectively to peers, management and customers.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• A proven track record in field based Audio Visual commissioning tasks, maintenance and operation
• Must have worked with corporate and/or government clients and in multi-discipline project teams, and have the ability to work with a variety of professionals
• The ability and presence to liaise with clients at senior level, external consultants and project consultants
• Understand the end to end complexities of an audio visual and video installation project.
• To be proficient commissioning modern Video Conferencing systems and AV equipment, including interactive displays,, digital signage, projectors, screens, digital signage audio products and control systems
• Hold CSCS, Relevant Health & Safety accreditations.
• Ideally hold an InfoComm CTS I/S/D certification along with relevant industry manufacturer accreditations.
• Understand and be able to program Sound structure systems.
• To be proficient in Extron Programming and basic Crestron Programming.
• Ideally hold Cisco Video Certification or completed the Polycom CVE program.
• An understanding of AV systems integration with existing IT systems is essential
• You are required to hold a full drivers license and you will also need to be CRB checked.