We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Security Compliance Manager – DCS will provide management, leadership and accountability for DCS Security Services internally and across customers. Duties will be dispersed across operational reactive and proactive security services providing Operational IT management across platforms, technologies and services delivered.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Define, deliver & maintain a good practice Security function aimed to ensure compliance, accreditation and service delivery across Data Centre Services internal teams and customer base.
- Ensuring Business as usual operations and services for Data Centre internal teams and customers where contracted.
- Define, deliver & maintain a comprehensive documentation and process set that aligns to SCC delivery teams.
- Ensure governance & compliance is in place and adhered to through the use of process, technical and documented procedures.
- Proactively drive continual service improvement across the security function and wider DCS service delivery teams in order to ensure compliance & meet SCC business objectives.
- Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties where required.
- Ability to challenge subject matter experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident or service improvement area
- To provide proactive drive and guidance to DCS Operations teams in order to improve process and ensure security focus awareness is given in order to ensure compliance and governance across the service delivery teams.
- To provide recommendations, input and value add to Data Centre service road maps and future states.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- Support an Out of Hours Management escalation process
- Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by line manager.
- Excellent security knowledge and experience gained working with standard accreditation frameworks.
- Good all round IT knowledge preferably with a Data Centre Services organisation.
- Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment
- Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to security managers, engineers and teams in best practice in IT security operational environments.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience
- Excellent documentation skills across Security, Technical , process and customer facing documentation
- Strong customer facing experience
- Confident character with the ability to deal effectively at Senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level
- Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations
- ITIL, ISO, CISSP accreditations