|Job Title: IBM Public Sector Sales Leader||Job Title of Line Manager:
IBM Business Manager
|Department: SCC – IBM Sales||Section Name: SCC Sales|
SCC James House
SCC is a UK based Technology integrator, a subsidiary of the privately owned Rigby Group. SCC offers a full range of products and services to our customers and is a leading UK business partner with IBM. Our IBM revenue for FY 17 being around £50m across Systems, Software and Services.
SCC has three sales regions:
- A very substantial focus on the Public Sector with a dedicated sales team of more than 50 sellers. The Public Sector business team go to market in Local, Regional, Central Government, Health, Police, Defence and Education with propositions from simple product supply, through complex solution design and implementation. SCC hold a strong foothold in the G-Cloud space with our unique SMTC Official/Official Sensitive secure hosting facility.
- A regionally based sales team working from 8 sales offices, covering Commercial customers, typically in GM, MM and Large Enterprise sectors. This team is supported by a dedicated IBM sales specialist team focusing on selling Systems and Software with a strong PS team to support them in designing and implementing IBM solutions.
- A CSI sales team, selling to and through our key CSI partners.
Overall Job Purpose:
You will lead the IBM Systems , Software and Services sales engagement into SCC’s Public Sector and CSI Sales organisation. The Public Sector business represents a very significant growth opportunity for the SCC company. SCC’s Public Sector sales teams has a broad market engagement and are represented in Local, Regional, Central Government, Health, Police, Defence and Education (and associated CSI’s). You will have full responsibility for achieving the IBM business sales objectives for the Public Sector marketplace. You will be the focal point for SCC’s IBM business in Public Sector and the main interface between the SCC and IBM sales. You will be the leader who manages all aspects of the end to end IBM Business sales engagement within SCC’s Public Sector business.
Main Duties of the Job:
- To develop a business plan that documents how you will manage and grow SCC’s IBM business in the UK Public Sector.
- Understand your target marketplace and maintain a thorough and in depth knowledge of the current and emerging IBM Systems and software technologies and solutions.
- To identify a pipeline of business opportunities to support the achievement of the IBM margin objectives for Public Sector.
- To take personal responsibility for the end to end IBM Business sales activity in the UK Public Sector, and personally own the large and complex IBM software deals.
- Establish and maintain a network of high value sales and brand contacts in IBM’s Systems and software business.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship between the IBM and SCC Systems and software sales teams.
- To engage with customers to demonstrate and articulate the value and capability of IBM’s Systems, software and solutions. Then own and manage the sales engagement.
- To engage IBM to help drive revenue and margin around the target set of SCC customers.
- To be a role model in the IBM sales team and be an ambassador for the IBM business in SCC.
- Become a trusted member of the extended IBM Systems and software teams.
- Build joint propositions between IBM and SCC.
- Secure necessary sales and technical certifications to secure SCC’s position as an accredited partner to deliver the full portfolio of IBM Systems and software products.
- Be a solution subject matter expert working with SCC Professional Services to identify repeatable solution opportunities based on IBM systems and software that meet specific industry or sector needs
- Ensure all renewals, support and sell-up opportunities are followed through.
- Sales Achievement
- Reporting, Forecasting and Pipeline management
- Sales Campaign management
- Sales Liaison into IBM and Business partners
- Support the IBM team
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A good ability to communicate orally and in writing at various levels within an organization
- You will have worked in the IT industry for a number of years in a role aligned to Public Sector.
- You will have worked directly for IBM or within a reseller organisation in a sales role aligned to Public Sector.
- You will have a good knowledge of IBM’s solutions and technology offerings for the Public Sector.
- You will have trusting relationships with key members of the IBM Public Sector software Sales and sales coverage leadership teams.
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets in a high performance sales culture.
- Excellent professional discipline and time management.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, demanding environment.
- Excellent collaborative networking, sales skills
- Be a team player with the ability to work unaided
- Experience of selling high value complex solutions into the Public Sector.
- An understanding of the major IBM Systems and software technologies that offer value into Public Sector and know how to engage with software sales resources at SCC and IBM.