We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres , the leading IT services provider in Europe .We provide business critical Data Centre Services to both commercial and public sector clients throughout the UK.
Based from our Serice Operations Centre in Birmingham we now have a real career opportunity for an experienced and talented individual to lead a diverse ,80 strong technical support team , devoted to ensuring business as usual for our customers’ data centre services .
Overall Job Purpose :
The Head of Technical Support – Data Centre Services will provide management and leadership across Data Centre Services technical support teams, leading the delivery of first class Data Centre Services support.
Main Duties :
• Manage and lead the UK Data Centre Services Technical teams ensuring service delivery and overachievement of SLA
• Maintain and improve on SLA delivery through proactive reporting & trend analysis
• Drive proactive /preventative maintenance to ensure service stability.
• Minimise the number of customer escalations through proactive / preventative service improvement and risk mitigation.
• Work closely with the wider Data Centre Services Teams to form a joint delivery team.
• Ensure accountability for all Data Centre Services customers technical service delivery.
• Directly interact with clients, customer managers, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties in the delivery of good practice service delivery.
• Define, drive and deliver continuous service improvement across the teams ensuring service evolution in line with expectations
• Support and be part of an Out of Hours Management escalation process
• To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by Head of DCS Operations
Essential requirements :
• Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment
• Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to technical teams/managers in best practice IT operations.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
• Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience
• Excellent documentation skills across Technical , process and customer facing documentation
• Strong customer facing experience
• Confident character with the ability to deal effectively at senior level management down to junior technical engineer level
• Commitment to exceed business & customers’ expectations
• ITIL knowledge/ accreditation specialising around operational technical delivery
We offer an extremely competitive salary , company car or car allowance together with other large company benefits