The Head of Service Operations should drive consistency and integration across Service Management. As a Senior Manager, the Head of Service Operations will be accountable for the Strategy, Development and BAU Operation of Service Management functions across multiple customer accounts, the post holder will be accountable for:
· Change Management
· Release Management
· Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM)
· Major Incident Management
· Problem Management
Duties will include:
The post holder will be accountable for the
· Management of Change and Release associated risks and impacts.
· The further development of SACM and its ongoing operation
· The ownership, management, coordination and resolution of Major Incidents
· The ownership, management and root cause resolution of Problems and the trending and analysis of available information to proactively identify and eradicate Problems.
Leading a team of circa 40 Service Management process specialists working across multiple locations and Customers the Head of Service Operations will;
· Develop and deliver a strategy for the delivery of the above services both internally and to customers.
· Develop service offerings and associated cost models for the Service Management services.
· Develop and implement standardized service designs for each of the services.
· Be the Process Owner for the Service Management processes for which the post holder is accountable.
· Own, develop and deliver a Service Improvement Plan across the areas of responsibility that will drive continuous improvements to service performance and customer satisfaction.
· Development, management and operation of robust service management processes aligned to industry best practice.
· Measure and monitor overall service performance for each of the service/process areas
· Measure and monitor process adherence
· Plan and execute the introduction of new service provisions for the areas of responsibility, to Customers
· Provide focused guidance to all support teams and assist in their training and knowledge development
The post holder must demonstrate;
· Good knowledge and experience in managing teams delivering Change and Release Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Major Incident Management and Problem Management.
· Experience of leading teams delivering services to customers across multiple locations
· Experience of developing teams and delivering improvements to service
· Strong service attitude, building lasting customer relationships
· Knowledge and use of Service Management Toolsets e.g. ServiceNow
· Certification in and commitment to service management best practice.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels