The Enterprise Architect will work with SCC’s clients to develop their Enterprise Architecture, providing strategy, architecture and governance services using best practice approaches across the IT life cycle. Working closely with SCC colleagues nationally to drive EA opportunities and deliver EA engagements across all verticals. The fundamental purpose of the SCC Enterprise Architecture Practice is to ensure that we help our customers do the right things relating to IT and business, in the most efficient, risk managed way. To develop our customers’ enterprise architecture and IT services in partnership, to ensure that business strategy, objectives and benefits are met and that future business roadmaps can be achieved through effective IT services and business change. Enterprise Architecture covers the integration of and between the Organisation, Business, Processes, Data and Technology areas.
Main Duties of Job:
- Work closely with SCC Business Development and Account Management teams to identify, qualify, and define EA engagements
- Participate in bid responses working as part of a bid team
- Deliver EA engagements, in any areas of the enterprise architecture stack providing/producing, Consultancy, Recommendations, Strategies, Roadmaps, Business Cases, As Is – ToBe Assessments, Architecture Modelling and High Level Architecture Blueprints. Capitalising on SCC methods, tools and services.
- Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
- Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the EA. Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level.
- Own and develop SCC’s EA propositions and associated collateral, Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of objectives
- Oversees top level architecture and technical activity across EA led transformational client engagements
- Ensure business and IT alignment across SCC clients for EA led transformations engagements
- Drive best practice, standards and principles to assist SCC clients with achieving their transformation and maturity goals
- Research and analyse emerging technology and technology trends and align to customer strategy and requirements
- Ensure that skills and knowledge are developed and kept up to date with markets trends and customer demands
- Provide technology thought leadership to internal and external customers
Additional Duties of Job:
- Advises and recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes, methodologies and governance
- Recommends and participates in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies
- Participates in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies
- Participates in and manages Architecture Working Groups for the Ma development and maintenance of the EA
- Recommend and develop integration with SCC Professional Services and and client aligned IT Capability
- Partner with clients to develop capabilities, improve maturity and develop continual service improvements approaches and processes
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Five years relevant EA experience, 10 year’s experience of working in a professional services architecture role with a proportion of that time spent in a presales / client consulting capacity
- Comprehensive understanding of Enterprise Architecture approach and benefits
- Experience as technical lead for a major EA Led transformation programme
- Breadth of Knowledge across end to end business operating models and processes.
- Able to demonstrate in at least one industry sector.
- Breadth of Knowledge across IT services and technology domains e.g. ERP, ESB, Digital, AI, ML, Data, Applications, Networks, DCS, EUC, Process, ITSM.
- Breadth of Knowledge across end to end IT lifecycle and able to demonstrate in at least one of the following areas, ITIL, P30, PDLC, ALM or equivalent
- Breadth of knowledge across IT related best practice and governance.
- Able to demonstrate across Programme and Project Management, Delivery, Architecture and Service management
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Architecture
- Able to demonstrate the top level components in the Enterprise Architecture stack and understanding of at least one of the following, TOGAF, MoDAF, IT4IT, Zachman or equivalent
- Able to create outputs for client engagements using common Microsoft productivity tools
- Demonstrable experience of presenting EA and technical solutions to both technology focused and non-technology focused audiences up to and including board level / c suite
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the IT services marketplace and the challenges facing businesses
- Experienced in defining Enterprise Architecture budgets and costs across multi year EA led transformation engagements
- Experience of managing and motivating architecture teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Infrastructure background
- Certified TOGAF Practitioner
- Self starter with an ability to start from a blank sheet of paper
- Able to adapt best practices processes to suite client engagements
- Experience of applying the IT4IT reference architecture to engagements
- Creation of business cases to demonstrate business benefits for EA solutions and business / business area transformation
- Understanding and demonstration of EA led transformation, emotional intelligence
- Subject Matter Expert in at least one EA discipline, Business Re-engineering (Six Sigma / Lean), IT Best Practice, Process Modelling, Application Modelling, Data Modelling, Applications /ERP, Digital, Infrastructure (Any Domains), Service Management
- Understand with practical hands on use of and EA tools set eg, Sparx, Orbus, BOV ADOIT, BizzDesig, EA Composer, Software AG, Archimate etc
- Facilitating workshops to develop enterprise architecture across the EA stack