Support the client’s estate of computers and peripherals within the clients’environment to ensure the contract is maintained and customer satisfaction is maintained.
Skills knowledge & Experience
Experienced IT support engineer with Hardware Break Fix and Software/ Operation System , desk side support experience.
- Previous experience in a field based role with good printers and/or electromechanical experience. We require good diagnostic and problem solving skills combined with extensive hardware break fix experience, primary on Intel desktop, laptop and associated peripherals. Also extensive printer repair experience on major manufacturer’s equipment, I.E. HP, Lexmark, Epson. In addition familiarity with network operating systems, MS Office, Windows operating systems would be ideal.
This is a Grade 3 Engineering role so a candidate with minimum of five years’ experience is required preferably with accreditations from HP/ IBM etc.
Must have a full UK driving licence , be physically fit to lift , carry and install IT equipment and peripherals . The role will also involve some IMAC work , software re-builds, desk moves and telephone patching.
- To be based out of the SCC Warrington branch, working on field configuring applications and hardware on new and existing IT treated devices. Devices will include Desktop, Laptops, Think Client, Printers, Servers, Switches/routers and various other IT related devices.
- To attend required sites and provide timely quality solutions to application and hardware problems reported by the customer. This will include reloading operating system, building imaged, copying under data and other information, identifying required parts, replacing parts.
- To advise the customer of problems and keep them informed and updated of the planed resolution, escalate the call if necessary.
- Proactively maintain contact with the relevant area coordinators throughout the day to effectivly allocate and manage calls efficiently.
- Report calls information and part requirement accurately to relevant area coordinators.
- Acknowledged recipt of calls, manage update and close calls using the agreed procedures and systems.
- To be able to start and finish work at such time to meet the required contracted service level agreements.
- To perform duties, consummate with the responsibly of the role and adhoc projects as required time to time.
- Provide cover and support for other colleagues as and when required to do so.
- Manage vehicle stock requirements including loan devices using the agreed procedures and systems.
- Complete all allocated calls, maintaining high customer satisfactions.
- Ensure compliance to all company and client procedures and policies.
- Provide solutions or advice on technical issues encountered by self and colleagues.
- Assist in testing and documenting of new solutions for SCC and the customer.
- Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm