Must have a full UK driving licence. Requirements to be physically fit, lift, carry and install IT equipment and peripherals, the role will also involve some installation work , moves and changes work, software re builds, desk moves, telephone patching and working in the field from time to time dependent on the customer’s requirements.
- To be predominantly based on a customer site – United Utilities Warrington, working as a Site Support Technician, configuring applications and hardware on new and existing IT related devices, devices will include Desktops, Laptops and various other IT related devices.
- To attend required sites and provide timely, quality solutions to requests for collections and installs reported by the customer. This could include reloading operating systems, building images, copying user data and other information, identifying required parts, replacing parts.
- To advise the customer of problems and keep them informed and updated of the planned resolution, escalate the call if necessary
- Proactively maintain contact with the customer and their service desk throughout the day to effectively allocate and manage calls efficiently.
- Report call information and part requirement accurately to the customer
- Acknowledge receipt of calls, manage, update and close calls using the agreed procedures and customer systems.
- To be able to start and finish work at such time to meet the required contracted Service Level Agreements.
- To perform duties consummate with the responsibly of the role and adhoc projects as required from time to time.
- Provide cover and support for other colleagues as and when required to do so
- Manage stock requirements using the agreed customer procedures and systems.
Skills and Experience :
Break fix experience / knowledge on desktops, laptops and peripherals
- Previous experience in a field based role
- Customer facing with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Excellent timekeeping skills and must be flexible