Must have a full UK driving licence. Requirements to be physically fit, lift, carry and install IT equipment and peripherals, the role will also involve some installation , moves and changes work, software re builds and desk moves
- To be predominantly based on a customer site – United Utilities Warrington, working as a mobile device support engineer, configuring applications and hardware on new and existing mobile related devices.
- To attend required sites and provide timely, quality solutions to application and hardware problems reported by the customer. This will include reloading operating systems, building images, copying user data and other information on mobile devices.
- To advise the customer of problems and keep them informed and updated of the planned resolution, escalate the call if necessary
- Proactively maintain contact with the relevant area coordinators throughout the day to effectively allocate and manage calls efficiently.
- Report call information and part requirement accurately to relevant area coordinators.
- Acknowledge receipt of calls, manage, update and close calls using the agreed procedures and systems.
- To be able to start and finish work at such time to meet the required contracted Service Level Agreements.
- To perform duties consummate with the responsibly of the role and adhoc projects as required from time to time.
- Provide cover and support for other colleagues as and when required to do so
- Manage vehicle stock requirements including loan devices using the agreed procedures and systems.
The main skills required
- Extensive break fix experience / knowledge on desktops, laptops and peripherals
- Previous experience in a field based role
- Customer facing with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Excellent timekeeping skills and must be flexible