Overall Job Purpose:
Working as part of the Central Customer Services team your role will be to provide effective customer service to all our customers.
You will be aligned to either the Standard or Complex Order Management teams which are defined by the role grading system.
Your role will be to predominately manage all new customer purchase orders through our systems, adopting a right first time approach, pro-actively working with other teams to ensure that the customer order is fulfilled quickly and efficiently.
Working as part of a busy team , you will be continually met by customer demands and challenges, some of which will test your skills and abilities to the limits.
To enable you to succeed in this position you will need to be a team player and demonstrate enthusiasm, forward thinking, and ability to work under pressure as well as demonstrating excellent communication skills.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Verification of all new customer purchase orders , ensuring that we have all the required information to enable us to fulfil the order
- Prompt , polite and efficient answering of all customer telephone enquiries
- Ensuring that the customer is regularly updated with the progress of all requests for assistance
- Acceptance and entry of all customer orders onto our systems
- Providing the customer with an order acceptance or rejection notification
- Ensuring that the correct method of order entry is utilised – Lifecycle, CS/3 or MySCC quote to order
- Management of the electronic ordering systems, including the verification of orders placed on credit cards , ensuring adequate funding and approval is obtained
- Checking the customer purchase order , ensuring that this is transacted on the correct account numbers, aiding our ability to obtain payment
- Working with Credit Control to resolve customer account issues – lapsed accounts, credit limit issues
- Adhering to the instructions provided by the customer on the purchase order and the supporting SCC quotation– ensuring that all required information is captured and displayed accordingly
- Ensuring that all relevant information is entered onto the sales order transaction, so that this can be passed to the supporting teams – full delivery information, including delivery contact details – name, telephone number and email address and any specific supplier information, applying specific build information relevant to the customer/order
- Matching the order to the relevant SCC quotation, reviewing the pricing model utilised by the sales team and applying this correctly to the sales and purchase order transactions
- Reviewing supplier quotes, checking validity and where necessary obtaining revised quotes directly from the supplier to support the customer order, commercially verifying the pricing from the supplier against the sales order
- Reviewing the pricing model used by the sales team, checking on any specific special bid terms – upfront or rebate models and applying to the order as appropriate, creation and maintenance of supplier bids to support the transaction
- Completing price and available checks to ensure that we are buying at the best price available – including commercial decisions on price versus availability
- Applying the appropriate cost price to the transaction, selecting the supplier details and maximising the use of the automated purchasing system
- Commercially verifying the pricing to ensure that we are not exposed in terms of the sale price and the buy pricing
- Co-ordination of the complex order requirements with our specialist teams
- Using the concept of template fields to capture additional information relevant to the transaction, information which is crucial to the supplier, enabling the transaction to be successful completed
- Co-ordinating the service information for all orders which require installation services
- Creation of any new product codes required to transact the order, obtaining pricing and availability for our suppliers
- Ensuring that any issues effecting customer service or that jeopardise our service level performance are escalated accordingly
- Producing any specific product set configuration files
- Producing any specific supplier purchase order documentation
- Placement of the purchase order for the specific sales order with the supplier – either via inputting all the information into the order to allow the purchase order to be created automatically or by manually raising the purchase order
- Entering delivery dates against purchase orders, reflective of the date provided on the supplier quote or relevant at the time of processing the sales order and/or placement of the purchase order
- Management of the sales and purchase order workflow queues, identification of failed orders and resolution of the problems
- Sourcing of product against valid customer orders, as well as obtaining alternative options for products in constraint or that have become discontinued
- Management of all customer purchase order amendments, including the funding of these orders.
- Ensuring that the best method of delivery is selected – Direct Deliveries, part shipments, splitting of orders to enable these to be fulfilled efficiently
- Scheduling of all orders through the supporting departments, configuration warehouse, bonded, installations etc.
- Management of all credit card orders, managing the funding approved by the customer, including any additional payments and card refunds.
- Managing all scheduled orders, ensuring that these are delivered in-line with the installation dates or customer expectation
- Managing any specific customer delivery requirements – prior notification of delivery, obtaining references and co-ordinating with the relevant teams
- Managing all specific sales order documentation – bonded paperwork, support forms, co-ordinating both internal and with our suppliers
- Comprehensive understanding of our core systems, ensuring that this is used appropriately for the management of all customer and supplier requests and that activity is completed in-line with the agreed service level
- All activity which fails the agreed service level needs to be closed with the correct failure reason or valid mitigation details entered.
- Document control, filing of all sales order correspondence and archiving as necessary
- Management of all customer project and bonded requirements, scheduling, reporting, stock control
- Management of all customer enquiries, responding in an professional way, having the ability to tailor the communication to the audience, conveying information in an effective, efficient and concise way – recognising the difference between communicating with our customer and our suppliers
- General administration duties as and when required, including assistance in completing the activity aligned to the other Customer Service Teams
- Completion of all activity in-line with the departmental ISO processes
- Working with your colleagues to ensure that the overall team targets and service levels are achieved, this would include your personal targets, your designated team targets as well as contributing to the overall department daily/weekly/monthly KPI’s
- Business month end and quarter end commitments may require you to work extended hours and outside of the normal standard business hours, in-line with the defined business process which details the requirement and payment schedule.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Previous customer service experience, organised, methodical, computer literate, well spoken , well presented, ability to work on own initiative , knowledge of MS packages