Job title: Configuration Engineer – Level 3
|Overall Job Purpose: To ensure that the configuration orders are processed according to the agreed industrial standards and in accordance with the customers instructions. Carry out QA duties as and when required.|
|Main Duties of the Job:
· Aligned to the Asset, Main Configuration and Server service sections.
· Carry out QA Duties as and when required
· First Aid , Fire Warden and spillage team duties
· Mentor new starters and assist with training
· To test and configure a variety of products, to the customer’s specific requirements when expressed, within the agreed group timescales.
· To test and configure a variety of products to the manufacturers written instructions, ensuring satisfactory operation.
· Assisting others pro-actively or upon request to ensure service levels and efficiency is maintained.
· To escalate to Supervisor/Management any non-conformances within the agreed timescales.
· To audit all captured build data onto the Lifecycle System via a handheld PDA
· To undertake Health and Safety activities commensurate with post and or SCC Group Health and Safety Policy
· To Maintain your work area and ensure care of Company property used
· Lifting of multiple devices varying in weights from around 3kg for Laptops to 60kg for server technology
· Working to KPI’s varying dependant on configuration, order type and weight of items.
· To assist the Configuration Manager in the daily running of the Commissioning Complex, through the above and any other duties as necessary.
|Skills Knowledge & Experience:
· BTEC/NVQ in PC
· CompTIA A+ or at least 2 years’ experience handling IT equipment in a similar role
· Server+ passed or planned