Job: Configuration Engineer – Level 3
Overall Job Purpose
To ensure that the configuration orders are processed according to the agreed industrial standards and in accordance with the customers instructions. Carry out QA duties as and when required.
• Aligned to the Asset, Main Config and Server service sections.
• Carry out QA Duties as and when required
• First Aid , Fire Warden and spillage team duties
• Mentor new starters and assist with training
• To test and configure a variety of products, to the customer’s specific requirements when expressed, within the agreed group timescales.
• To test and configure a variety of products to the manufacturers written instructions, ensuring satisfactory operation.
• Assisting others pro-actively or upon request to ensure service levels and efficiency is maintained.
• To escalate to Supervisor/Management any non-conformances within the agreed timescales.
• To audit all captured build data onto the Lifecycle System via a handheld PDA
• To undertake Health and Safety activities commensurate with post and or SCC Group Health and Safety Policy
• To Maintain your work area and ensure care of Company property used
• Lifting of multiple devices varying in weights from around 3kg for Laptops to 60kg for server technology
• Working to KPI’s varying dependant on configuration, order type and weight of items.
• To assist the Configuration Manager in the daily running of the Commissioning Complex, through the above and any other duties as necessary.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
• BTEC/NVQ in PC
• CompTIA A+ or at least 2 years’ experience handling IT equipment in a similar role
• Server+ passed or planned