The Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for architecting solutions across Azure, Amazon Web Services and SCC’s Hybrid and Private Clouds. Own the creation of cloud adoption plans and technology roadmaps and working with customers to help them on the journey to Public Cloud. A key part of the role will be understanding requirements and translating them into a Public Cloud Managed Service.
Must have solid technical experience of cloud products and services and be able to produce high-level designs and technical roadmaps. The ability to face off with third party technical staff is key as is solid documentation experience.
The position will be part of a team of Architect’s within SCC’s Data Centre Services Cloud Services team, responsible for owning and driving the overall architectural strategy for all Data Centre Services customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at every opportunity.
- Main Duties of Job:
- Drive deployment of customer workloads into consuming the appropriate cloud platform, be it Azure, AWS or SCC’s own cloud platforms.
- Provide architectural expertise and guidance for customers embarking on the cloud journey
- Design of customer cloud strategies, aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Hybrid Cloud migrations
- Provide cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive cloud adoption
- Produce High-Level designs ensuring designs are accurate and regularly updated and reviewed in accordance with the target design
- Provide technical input to Pre-Sales opportunities (RFI/RFP), Statement of Works and High-Level Designs where required
- Partner with Technical Architects and stakeholders to coordinate strategies and technology investment recommendations
- Lead engagement with customers to provide governance of technical solutions, ensuring designs are end to end, fit for purpose and in line with established standards and frameworks
- Design cloud solutions with a focus on delivery of multiple technology flavours, multiple customers, and multi-datacentre/site architectures.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels
- Assist in the creation of design standards, policies, and processes to improve working efficiencies by use of Reference Architecture standards and templates
- Serve on project, technology, product, and transition review boards to ensure all documentation and designs are in line with current internal standards, roadmaps, and frameworks
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by your line Manager
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, positive, organised and driven with a track record of delivering to tight timescales and having an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and ability to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
- Must have demonstrable Azure or AWS based cloud architecture and migration skills and experience covering Azure Virtual Machines, EC2, Containers (ECS/Instances), Azure Storage, Block/Object/File Storage (EBS/S3/EFS), Azure Backup, ASR, Azure networking and automation, AWS VPC, Load balancing, AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Azure SQL DB, Azure AD, IAM, MFA, CloudFormation, ARM, CloudWatch and Azure Portal
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of cloud computing
- Experience of working at all stakeholder levels and be adaptable to changing and developing environments
- Strong background with Hyper-V and VMware virtualisation technologies in large-scale deployments
- Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
- Excellent documentation skills across technical, process and customer facing documentation.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure and working to tight deadlines.
- Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (PRINCE2, ITIL v3).
- Exposure and experience of technical architecture frameworks including TOGAF
- Experience of developing reference architectures, standards, and frameworks