Overall Job Purpose:
The role of Asset Management team is to control the updating of all new, amended or deleted entries on the Clients Asset Database. The Auditor is responsible for updating, within agreed Service Levels, changes to the Asset Database and the production of reports. The role is client facing as the individual will be expected to assist with auditing the customer’s assets and software and liaising with the customer to ensure they are available.
The role will be on the client’s site covering core hours of either 8.00 till 430 or 09.00 to 17.30, Monday to Friday. There will be a requirement to work in satellite customer sites to complete Hardware and Software Audits.
Role and Responsibilities
- To manage the Hardware Asset Management programme for all customer sites.
- To manage the Software Asset Management programme for all sites for standalone machines.
- To complete asset updates in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable Service Levels.
- Creates/maintains support process documentation, report information, and metrics.
- Completes Audit reports by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Creates/maintains Audit Schedule to adhere to contractual requirements.
- The role is very customer facing and requires the team member to have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ensures compliance with internal control procedures by examining records, reports, processes and documentation.
- Adheres to Site Security policies and processes.
- Provides a point of reference and source of guidance for other users of the business/functional process.
- Ensures the timely distribution of information.
- Ensures asset information is accurately maintained with attention to detail and following up on discrepancies and queries whenever necessary in a timely manner.
- Completes data entry and analysis and follows up required actions with the client. Adheres to agreed Service Request Management methodologies and best practice updates asset database with changes through Incident Management or Service Requests .
- Ensure that all reports are accurate and submitted consistently within set time frames.
- Support daily operational review(s) as required.
- Contributes to the Service Improvement programs.Identify, investigate and recommend changes in the delivery of services, aimed at reducing cost and improving the quality of service provision to the customer.Plan and direct own activities with minimal management supervision.
- Be prepared to work out of hours when required to do so.
- Cover Stores functions eg: Goods receipt & validations, stock issues & general management during holidays and sickness.
- Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in IT.
- A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the development and improvement of services and to the overall IT Request operation.
- Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
- Ability to drive results within tight timeframes. Must be able to deliver results and negotiate changes while working with a cross functional team.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
- PC skills (incl. MS Office family, Bespoke applications etc)
- Advanced Excel (knowledge of V-lookups, Pivot tables right & left functions VB & Macros would be an advantage).
- MS Access
- Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines by applying specific project management techniques.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
- Ability to work un-managed towards individual and team objectives associated .with the role