To provide 3rd Line technical support to the hardware and software of the desktop environment, including SCCM, Group Policy, and deployed applications.
To stay up to date with advances in hardware and software technologies, and advise accordingly.
To assist in the creation and management of Windows Images (WIMS) to supplement the Operating System Deployment (OSD) for desktops, laptops & workstations on the client’s estate.
To assist the delivery of IT Services to the end client through supply of contracted services and value add. Deliver an effective and efficient customer focused service to all staff for SCC clients, meeting service level agreements and customer expectations.
- Main Duties of Job:
- Incident Management of major incidents
- Documentation of all technical solutions within the Service Desk knowledge base
- Provision of technical support and training to 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Analysts
- Testing and documentation of new hardware
- Writing of user documentation to support the front office hardware and software infrastructure
- Investigation into new product and solutions including recommendations
- Liaising with suppliers in the correction of faults and the implementation of software and hardware fixes and upgrades
- Creation of group policies and administration of existing ones
- Management of WIMS and OSD for desktop environment
- Assistance in development and creation a standard WIM image
- Assistance in production of OSD task sequencing for various H/W platforms
- Assistance in testing of newly created SOE’s
- Assistance in troubleshooting of SOE or build-related issues
- Analysis, management, and deployment of Microsoft patches to the desktop environment
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Group Policy administration
- Extensive experience of working in a desktop support environment
- Knowledge of WIMS & their Management.
- Experience in System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Network Infrastructure
- Ability to manage & create documents which are professional & articulate.
- Basic programming knowledge is desirable
- ITIL awareness